Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 12 - "Hunting Season"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 12 - "Hunting Season"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:44 am

The 12th episode of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Titled "Hunting Season", this episode sees two rival bounty hunters having come to Earth, as a price has been placed on Bumblebee's head! Both bounty hunters, one Autobot and one Decepticon, also make uses of their own partner Mini-Cons to aid in their missions. Can the Bee Team find a way to make peace with the Autobot bounty hunter while also contending with the Decepticon bounty hunter? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 12 - "Hunting Season"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:04 pm

My comments:
Episode 12 -

Denny wants Russell to not come on missions with him anymore, as he feels that it's for Russell's best interests and well being.

Two Cybertronian ships have been detected.

Fracture!

And Drift!

Airazor! Divebomb!

Jetstorm! Slipstream!

Jetstorm refers to Drift as "Master Drift", while Drift refers to Jetstorm as "pupil".

Bumblebee says he knows "that bot" (Drift).

Divebomb address Fracture as "Master"

Divebomb and Airazor turn into little rockets that attack to Fracture's shoulders.

Bee says he and Drift met in Kaon.

Drift came to Earth to get the bounty that has been placed on Bumblebee for unauthroized use of a space bridge, unauthorized travel between Cybertron and Earth, and kidnapping.

However, because the Autobots just saved Drift from Fracture, Drift owes them a life debt, which must be paid in kind.

Drift retrieves fugitives so that they may explain their actions to the council, and eventually choose a more honorable path. Fracture, however, has no honor, and will not give up so easily.

To repay the life debt, Drfit will protect the others from Fracture, and he shan't move from their side (literally) until that is done.

The bug flying around Denny is one of Fracture's Camera Micro Drones.

Russell and Fixit show Slipstream an Jetstorm around the command center.

Drift is his two Mini-Cons' sensei. He took them in from lives of petty thievery and granted them the honor of serving and learning from him. But Jetstorm feels he is a constant disappointment to his master, but Slipstream reassures him that Drift merely has high standards.

Slipstream and Jetstorm don't understand the concept of playing, thinking instead that a simulation game is a training exercise.

Multiple Cybertronian lifesigns are detected at different end of the scrapyard, and the power's gone out.

Drift slices the camera bug, which is what was emitting the life signal.

A Cybertronian D-Pad electrocutes Strongarm, while another trap ensnares Grimlock.

Fracture walks right in via a space bridge portal!

Fracture takes out Sideswipe while his Mini-Cons secure Denny. Both are take hostage, like Strongarm and Grimlock.

Drift's only concern is for Bumblebee, but Bee isn't willing to abandon his team.

Fracture will release Bee's team if Bee let's Fracture turn Bee in.

Towards the end of the big fight, Russell gets the idea of projecting a large image of the simulation game to trick Fracture into thinking that Russell's called in an entire space fleet of reinforcements to attack Fracture, but it backfires.

During the distraction, Slipstream and Jetstorm must have snuck into the space bridge portal since they bring in Fracture's ship and release the rest of the team.

However, Fracture threatens to blow up his ship and Drift's Mini-Cons with it if they don't let Fracture go. Drift agrees, but Bee sucker-punches Fracture when he isn't looking.

Fracture uses a glare effect to blind everyone to let himself escape, but the glare also blinded Drift's Mini-Cons, causing them to accidentally crash Fracture's ship.

Drift states that the life debt has been paid, but that the bounty on Bee still remains. He won't try to claim it, though, since he saw how Bee was willing to fight for his friends, and can't believe that one so honorable could be a criminal.

Drift finally compliments his Mini-Cons, but stats that thy do still have much to learn.

After Drift leaves, Fixit says that Fracture's ship is unsalvageable. But, his GroundBridge (turns out that's what it is) still works.

Denny's changed his mind about Russell not going on missions with him anymore, thinking he can protect his son better with him right by his side, much to Russell's delight.

Will Friedle -- Game Voice
Khary Payton -- Divebomb
Kevin Pollak -- Fracture
Eric Bauza -- Drift
Roger Craig Smith -- Airazor, Slipstream, Jetstorm

This was probably the best episode yet! Six brand new characters at once, with two of them being bounty hunters at that. Drift was compelling enough with his choosing honor over occupation, and Fracture was kinda crazy awesome in his own right. But it wasn't these two who made this episode so good. No, it was the surprising amount of character focus given to the Mini-Cons, especially Slipstream and Jetstorm. Those two were very well done, being both admirable in their adoration of their master, as quite sympathetic in their constant attempts to please him, when he's just so hard a bot to please. And with Fracture's ship crashed in the scrapyard, Fracture's stuck on Earth and still loose, and the Autobots now have a working GroundBridge to help them get around easier. Things are really coming along for this series as of this episode.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News