Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 13 - "Out of Focus"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 13 - "Out of Focus"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:52 pm

The 13th episode of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Titled "Out of Focus", both this one and episode 14 have been the subject of much confusion, as this episode was originally skipped when the show debuted in Australia, with episode 14 accidentally airing in its stead, making everyone think that #14 was meant to be #13. When the show debuted in Singapore, this episode aired in it appropriate spot, with everyone thinking that Singapore had skipped #13 and accidentally aired #14, when Singapore had really aired the correct episode while Australia did not. With the U.S. airing, however, the confusion has hopefully been settled.

Anyway, this episode focuses on not one but two plotlines. On the one hand, Bumblebee struggles to hold the Bee Team together and find his focus during their pursuit of the latest Decepticon detection. On the other hand, the still-deceased Optimus Prime prepares in the afterlife for new threat to come in the future, as he too much find his focus. Can both of these Autobot leaders overcome their inner obstacles that challenge and oppose them in each of their missions? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 13 - "Out of Focus"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:56 pm

My comments:
Episode 13 -

Bee's struggling to keep things together as all three of Sideswipe, Strongarm, and Grimlock are bickering and yelling at him.

Four Decepticon signals detected!

Bee's "roll out" fail of the day: "Okay, Autobots. Let's hit the trail!" (Sideswipe: "Cuz Bee wants to bail!")

Meanwhile, in the Realm of the Primes, Optimus trains under MICRONUS PRIME!

Optimus has been given a Prime Decepticon Hunter, which looks a lot like the Dagger Gun from AOE.

Wow! Optimus is impatient and has a bit of an attitude in his tone! A far cry from his Pontificating Prime portrayal.

Optimus has a mouthplate after all.

The four Decepticons are a group of Skunkticons, led by Malodor. They spray liquid from their tails that temporarily disorients a bot's sensory receptors. And they used this ability to keep officers at bay while the rest of the gang burrowed into businesses and robbed them.

The enemy robot that Optimus protects the humans from looks to be of similar stature to FOC Grimlock.

And the smaller ones remind me of Star Wars Destroyer Droids.

Bee's team tracks the Skunkticons to Steeljaw's old hideout at the dam.

The Skunkticons completely disorient the Autobots and take Grimlock hostage.

Even in the afterlife, Optimus can transform into a truck. Though, his arms undergo some serious mass-shifting by forming the entire length and height (above the wheel base) of his trailer.

Optimus... failed to save a human from getting vaporized! :shock:

Bee's tam makes it to the next floor above, but Sideswipe and Strongarm just won't stop squabbling.

A disoriented Grimlock accidentally triggers a dam lock release.

More humans get vaporized in the Prime realm. Optimus gets further agitated.

Bumblebee must concentrate to find the right order of which task to perform.

Optimus passes his test by doing what he was originally told: Climbing the hill.

None of the humans were real. Optimus needed to believe they were real so he could learn his lesson. That he will always face distraction in events to come, and that he must find focus within the center of the storm.

Bee's team successfully disables the Skunkticons through focus and teamwork.

Adrian Pasdar -- Micronus
Daniel Roebuck -- Malodor, Computer Voice

Okay, now we're talking! We got two plots in this one, both centered around finding focus within chaos. Bumblebee proved his mettle in this one, having to be the one voice of reason in a sea of conflict that was very evocative of situations that Animated Optimus, Optimus Primal, and even Rhinox had to go through. Though, Malodor and the Skunkticons weren't much to enjoy. However, what was enjoyable was getting to see Optimus in the Realm of the Primes training under Micronus, Prime of the Minicons. And Micronus was a delightful jerk of a teacher. So smug in his just sitting around floating in midair while Optimus struggles to save the humans, you could tell he was secretly enjoying Optimus's squirming. What's more is that Optimus himself got more attention given to his vulnerable side, as he constantly agonized over his inability to get the Prime Decepticon Hunter to work, and even cursed Micronus for his lack of help. Makes me wonder when we'll see more of this later on. I look forward to seeing more of it, though.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News