Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 14 - "Sideways"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 14 - "Sideways"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:22 am

The 14th episode of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Like episode 13, this one has been the subject of much confusion due to an error in scheduling when this episode debuted overseas. When it first premiered in Australia, it aired instead of episode 13, causing many to think that this episode was number 13, and that last episode was number 14. Luckily, its U.S. premiere is in the proper placement.

That said, this episode, titled "Sideways", has absolutely nothing to do with any character named Sideways (just to clarify). Rather, this episode has the Bee Team targeting the next Decepticon... simultaneous to Steeljaw's Pack. This leads to the first big confrontation between the Team and the Pack as they battle over possession of the new Decepticon (who walks in sideways directions, hence the title). Can the Bee Team overcome and capture all of the Decepticons, or will Steeljaw and his Pack prove simply too much for them to handle? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 episode 14 - "Sideways"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:59 pm

My comments:
Episode 14 -

Hiya, Clampdown.

Sideswipe catches Strongarm sneaking back into the scrapyard.

Sideswipe promise not to tell Bee that Strongarm was away without Bee's permission, but now Strongarm has to do whatever Swipe asks of her.

Bee's a little jumpy because there hasn't been any Decepticon activity in a while, and he's worried something big is coming.

Fixit and Denny have succeeded in making two working copies of the Decepticon Hunter.

Another Decepticon signal is detected, which pleases and relieves Bee.

This time, the others anticipate Bee's "Roll out" fail, which he almost forgets to do until he notices the others waiting for him to do it. "Let's speed and succeed!" It does not succeed.

Clampdown is much smaller than his first pics made him out to be.

Clampdown's quite the timid little fella. Not particularly evil, but very fearful of the law.

Steeljaw has come for Clampdown.

The prisoner manifest refers to Clampdown as an expert at digging up dirty secrets and using them for personal gain. He tried to blackmail a member of the High Council and wound up on the Alchemor.

Steeljaw's altmode!

Steeljaw brings Clampdown to Fracture and Underbite. Guess Fracture joined up with Steeljaw's team offscreen.

And here's Thunderhoof! Looks like the gang's all here!

Thunderhoof and Clampdown know each other. Clampdown's the reason Thunderhoof got arrested, since Clampdown cut a deal with the Autobots that let the Autobots find out about Thunderhoof's operations in exchange for Clampdown not getting arrested, but got arrested anyway. And Thunderhoof's wanting to pulverize Clampdown for it, much to Steeljaw's chagrin.

The Autobots catch up to Clampdown, who attempts to strike a deal with them to avoid arrest, only for Steeljaw and his crew to also catch up.

Steeljaw vs. Bumblebee
Airazor and Divebomb vs. Strongarm
Underbite vs. Grimlock
Fracture vs. Sideswipe
Thunderhoof goes after Clampdown

Ha! Consuming plastic makes Underbite feel sick.

Whoa. All seven Decepticons (Mini-Cons included) arrested and apprehended. This a surprising turn of events.

However, Steeljaw breaks out of his cuffs and makes a run for it.

He sets free a garbage barge to let it collide with a ferry carrying human passengers, to distract the Autobots.

The Autobots stop the barge from hitting the ferry, allowing Steeljaw to go back for the other Decepticons.

Steeljaw scratches Clampdown's Decepticon symbols as part of his initiation into Steeljaw's group, and threatens Clampdown's life to make certain Clampdown remains loyal.

Strongarm's had enough of doing whatever Sideswipe wants, and decides that she'd rather take her punishment like a warrior.

Bee states that he's already known about Strongarm's sneaking off before, and that he trusts her enough to know that she wouldn't break their 'robots in disguise' rule.

Strongarm's secret place she sneaks off to is a car wash, which Bee tries out and completely loves how good it feels.

Troy Baker -- Blue Car Driver
Kevin Pollak -- Tour Boat Captain
Jim Cimmings -- Clampdown

With as many Decepticons as we got in this one, it makes for a fitting mid-season climax. Now that the Cons have established sizable ranks, it remains to see where they'll go from here. Steeljaw still seems bent on creating a free world for Decepticons, and even attempts to play peacemaker between Thunderhoof and Clampdown. Speaking of which, Clampdown was great. Jim Cummings is an excellent choice for this weaselly little sneak of a Decepticon, looking to make a deal with anyone to save his own hide. And he's the guy responsible for Thunderhoof's arrest. Nice to see more world-building at play. And now we wait for the next chapter of the story to come in the second half of season 1.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News