Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Robots in Disguise 2015 ep 15: "Even Robots Have Nightmares"

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Robots in Disguise 2015 ep 15: "Even Robots Have Nightmares"

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:04 pm

The 15th episode of the 2015 Transformers: Robots in Disguise cartoon has aired on Cartoon Network in the U.S. Titled "Even Robots Have Nightmares", this episode has the Bee Team exploring a network of caves in pursuit of the latest Decepticon fugitive, who this time has the ability to bring their worst fears to life. What nightmarish horrors await our heroes and can they overcome them? Let's find out.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Robots in Disguise 2015 ep 15: "Even Robots Have Nightma

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:05 pm

My comments:
Episode 15

Russell's giving milk to a stray cat that hangs around the scrapyard.

Bee, Denny, and Fixit are going to check out what the scanners detected to be some energon deposits.

Russell and the other Bots are gonna be watching Invasion of the Zombie Vampire Swamp Creatures.

It's Righty! Chop Shop's arm component who got away!

Righty's found Chop Shop... but something else has found Righty!

The Bots are made jumpy by the movie, but Russell thinks it's cool instead of scary. So the Bots try to scare him instead, but fail.

Bee and the others return with a haul of Energon cubes. Bee supposes that the cubes came from the Alchemor and fell out when it crashed.

Life signals are detected from several Decepticons in the cave system near the Crown River, but then they're lost.

Bee's latest rally cry fail is really WRONG: "Okay, team, gas it up and blow it out!" :lol:

Denny knows the caves well so he'll be their guide. Fixit and Russell will remain outside to coordinate communications.

Denny brought luminescent paint from the ranger station for the Bots to mark their paths with so they can find their way back out. Denny's mark with be a D with a circle. He also hands Bee a walkie talkie to stay in touch with him. Pretty resourceful.

Strongarm's mark is an arrow, Bee's mark is a crescendo (or a decrescendo depending on which wall he writes on), and Sideswipe's mark is a naughty face. :P

Denny's spotted some kind of fossil. And he's lost his walkie talkie.

Something's found Sideswipe.

Grimlock's dropped his paint bucket due to the small space of the cave getting in his way.

It's a bat-like Decepticon, and it's found Grimlock.

And Strongarm.

And Bumblebee.

The bat's emerged from the cave.

According the database, the Decepticon is called Nightstrike. He paralizes his foe with his sonic scream that affects the Cybertronian brain's fear center, forcing the bot to experience that which they're most afraid of. All the while, Nightstrike leeches energon from his captive.

Nightstrike captures Fixit and the freshly emerged Denny, leaving Russell as the team's only remaining hope.

Bumblebee's worst fear is seeing everything destroyed and set ablaze as Optimus expresses scornful disappointment in Bumblebee having failed him, declaring Bumblebee unfit and incapable of leading.

Strongarm's worst fear is being arrested by the Kaon City Police for grand theft, felony assault, reckless driving, and kidnapping, being a disgrace to the force.

Sideswipe's worst fear lies in his claustrophobia, with him being stuck in traffic so congested that both it and reality itself tries to contain and crush him within the tiniest space imaginable.

Fixit's worst fear is being tossed out with the trash due to being outdated, unfixable, useless junk.

Girmlock's worst fear is being confronted by the adorable stray kitten from earlier in the episode, and with nowhere to run from it, begging it and its cuteness to leave him alone.

Denny's worst fear is... not shown.

Russell finds Nightstrike's lair. And Righty is also among Nightstrike's captives.

Nightstrike understands that what he does is an inconvenience to his victims, but that he must do what he must to survive.

Nightstrike's screams don't affect Denny in the same way they do the Bots. Instead of showing him his worst fear, he just gets a headache.

After Denny tricks Nightstrike into flying off, Russell frees his dad.

Russell is just fast and agile enough of a runner to keep out of Nightstrike's reach.

Bumblebee frees Righty in hopes that he might help the humans, but Righty just scurries off.

Righty seems to change his mind and tosses the bucket of paint to hit Nightstrike in the face before leaving.

Once the Bots are all freed, they shut off their audio receptors to cancel the effects of Nightstrike's shrieks.

Nightstrike is beaten and captured.

And Grimlock is scared off by the cat.

Khary Payton -- Bot
Tom Kenny -- Nightstrike, Cop

Gonna keep these final words brief since there are six episodes to watch.

A decent episode. Themed around fear and gave us a look into each character's psyche in that regard. It also gave us some good use of the human characters being really useful, with Denny providing the paint, the walkie talkies, and the knowledge of the caves, along with his and Russell's quick thinking and resolve during the rescue scene. Nightstrike was alright, with a cool design (even though he never transformed, so we don't know if that was his beast mode or robot mode) and it was interesting to see how he justified his actions as doing what was necessary for survival rather than simply being an evil creature of the night who takes pleasure from his heinous actions. And Righty isn't fully heartless either, but he is still on the loose.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News