Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Platinum Edition Year of the Monkey Optimus Primal!!!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Platinum Edition Year of the Monkey Optimus Primal!!!

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:27 pm

2016 is the Chinese Year of the Monkey and you know what that means? Yep, we're getting yet another Chinese New Year-themed Optimus toy for the Platinum Edition line. But this time, the figure is not Optimus "Prime". In what might be the most appropriate selection yet, 2016 is getting a "Year of the Monkey" Optimus PRIMAL! Planet Iacon's Facebook has the first images of this figure, which reveal it to be a redeco of the Robots in Disguise (2001) Supreme Class Air Attack Optimus Primal toy from 2002, which itself was originally supposed to be a Beast Machines toy but didn't get released until the next toyline had already replaced the Beast Machines line. This "Year of the Monkey" redeco uses a color scheme comprised of the traditional G1 Optimus Prime red and blue colors, thereby making this figure bear quite a resemblance to Primal Prime (who was in turn a G1 Optimus-colored redeco of Beast Wars Optimal Optimus).

Image Image Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News