Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Masterpiece MP-25L Loudpedal - Diaclone Black Tracks homage

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

Masterpiece MP-25L Loudpedal - Diaclone Black Tracks homage

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 22, 2016 11:27 pm

TakaraTomy has officially announced a third use of the Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks mold as MP-25L Loudpedal! This Tokyo Toy Show 2016 exclusive is colored in homage to the rare Finland-exclusive Diaclone Black Corvette Stingray figure, complete with a new toy-accurate headsculpt. Like his fellow Diaclone homage MP Exhaust, he is a new Decepticon character. The name "Loudpedal", as Takara explains, comes from the name of one the pedals found on a piano, and to go along with this, Loudpedal has been given the function of 超音工兵 (Chō-on kōhei, "Ultrasonic Engineer"), which Takara has translated into English as "Sonic Sapper".

The figure includes all of the accessories that came with the original Tracks version, but with Tracks's smaller gun replaced with the larger toy-accurate gun that came with MP Road Rage. The little figure of Raoul is colored to resemble his appearance in the G1 cartoon episode "Auto-Bop", in which his clothes (and even his skin!) were colored differently from his appearance in the episode "Make Tracks". The little Broadcast (Blaster) boombox accessory is also redecoed in Micro Change MC-21 Radi-Casse Robo colors, sporting a light blue, dark blue, gray, and black deco.

What's especially funny about this figure and the timing of its announcement is that, just a few days ago, the Transformers Collectors Club released its latest (as of this tying) prose story, "The Toxic Transformer", which featured a new Decepticon character named Vivisector who is also a homage to the Diaclone Black Tracks toy, right down to the same mouthplated light blue face. It is up to you if you wish to consider Loudpedal and Vivisector to be completely separate characters, or just different versions of the same character with "Loudpedal" being the Japanese name and "Vivisector" being the English name.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News