Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

First true images of DOTM Shockwave!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

First true images of DOTM Shockwave!

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:24 am

It has been known for quite some time that none other than the fan-favorite Decepticon mad scientist Shockwave would be the one of (if not the) primary antagonists of the upcoming Transformers: Dark of the Moon movie, but thus far, all we had ever really seen of him were some silhouettes and a cutout of his head.

At long last, we finally get our first true glimpse of this "morally ambiguous" bad boy in the form of images of his toy. ACToys.net has fully body images of Shockwave in both his Robot Mode and his Altmode, which appears to be some kind of decked-out Cybertronian tank.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: First true images of DOTM Shockwave!

Postby AmyBlue » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 am

The head seems about right, but for the most part he seems to be way too skinny to be taken seriously as a villian. /humour.
AmyBlue

hey guys

Postby wheelpitate » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:47 pm

that was a fun read
wheelpitate

Postby perceptor » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:01 pm

Looks outstanding. Very bay-verse Megatron like, but purple and w/ a single eye. Nice! I'm glad he seems to be one of the best homages to his G1-self as there has been in the live films. More please!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

:shock: He looks pretty sweet, I can't wait to see the non toy version of him :!:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Looking at him again, his ribbed chestplate makes me think of Lord Zedd. 8-)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby AmyBlue » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:15 am

Sabrblade wrote:Looking at him again, his ribbed chestplate makes me think of Lord Zedd. 8-)

Would you like a pun or a line from a movie? : )

... xD Is that a good comparison or a bad one?
AmyBlue

Postby PORTER » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:38 am

i can only say that so far im not impressed.
but give it time, once the toys come out and the movie as well i am gonna go nuts in the toy aisles!!!!!
PORTER

Postby Sidewinder » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:48 am

Correct me if I'm wrong (and please do so politely) but wasn't Shockwave's gun hand his left hand, not his right?
Sidewinder

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:53 am

AmyBlue wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Looking at him again, his ribbed chestplate makes me think of Lord Zedd. 8-)

Would you like a pun or a line from a movie? : )

... xD Is that a good comparison or a bad one?
Good! Zedd was awesome! :grin:

Sidewinder wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong (and please do so politely) but wasn't Shockwave's gun hand his left hand, not his right?
His left.

But this isn't G1 or any other Shockwave. This is DOTM Shockwave, who can be his own bot and have his cannon be on whichever arm he wants (Animated and TransTech Shockwaves have already done so with the placements of their cannons)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers News