Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The Theme of BotCon 2011 will be...

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

The Theme of BotCon 2011 will be...

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:48 am

Calling all Transfans. We have an announcement. The theme for the 2011 BotCon convention has finally been unveiled!

Thanks to the Botcon's Twitter page, there have been several hints as to what the theme for this year's convention would be like. Many guesses ranged from Generations, to Reveal the Shield, to Animated, to Shattered Glass, to even the old Transformers in 3-D books by Blackthorne Publishing. But alas, there's only one theme, and so only one guess (including others) is correct.

So, without further ado, the theme for the BotCon 2011 Transformers convention will be...

Transformers Animated !

Yes, that's right. Animated simply refuses to die! The descriptions given for this theme refer to it as kinda like a "Season 3.5" and this:
DerrickJWyatt was instrumental in BotCon 2011 Convention set. Every Animated fan will want this set! More details to come at www.botcon.com

Long live Animated!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: The Theme of BotCon 2011 will be...

Postby AmyBlue » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:54 am

Boo! I was kinda hoping it was something that I wouldn't be interested in, so I wouldn't have to shell out a giant pile of macaroons to gets me some exclusives. Darn you eBay! xD
AmyBlue

Postby perceptor » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Oh crap, this is awesome!!!!
deadend.png
Botcon 2011 Dead End! Bring on the Stunticons!

How many other Animated characters do I want to see? Answer: A LOT! There are a ton of great possibilities!

Let's take guesses!

Dragstrip --> gotta be recolored Blurr right?
Breakdown --> recolored Rodimus?
Wildrider --> hm, maybe recolored Arcee or Lockdown? with a new head???
Motormaster --> recolored Optimus Prime?!

More interesting, what OTHER Animated characters could they do???????

Hmmmmmmmm
I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some more Voyager Seekers!!!! Like Ramjet, that fem bot, oh crap that'd be awesome!...

How about a Bumblebee recolored w/ new molded head as Wasp???

Who else????
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:42 am

I love this idea and only wish they would do it at mass retail, especially slipstream! Come on it could even be an TRU exclusive for the collectors who would hunt it!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:37 pm

All I can say is that I can almost guarantee that none of these will be existing characters who don't have a toy (yet). Remember the 2007 BotCon set with the Classics Seekers and how so many people were ticked off by it? Based on the Generations releases of Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker, it would seem that Hasbro has learned not to release figures that deserve a general retail release as part of a limited exclusive set.

Therefore, I see no non-toy character who has appeared in previous Animated fiction getting a toy in this set.

No Thundercracker, no Ramjet, no Slipstream, no Cliffjumper, no (Fugitive) Wasp(inator), no Electromagnetic Soundwave, no Autotroopers, and none of these guys (unless it's a completely new character).

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:36 am

perceptor wrote:More interesting, what OTHER Animated characters could they do???????

Hmmmmmmmm
I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some more Voyager Seekers!!!! Like Ramjet, that fem bot, oh crap that'd be awesome!...

How about a Bumblebee recolored w/ new molded head as Wasp???

Who else????

How about Blackout? I would like to see a toy of him!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 am

Wing Saber wrote:How about Blackout? I would like to see a toy of him!
Like this?

If this toy were to be put in this BotCon set, there would be a great cry of outrage among the Western fanbase. :|

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:28 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:How about Blackout? I would like to see a toy of him!
Like this?

If this toy were to be put in this BotCon set, there would be a great cry of outrage among the Western fanbase. :|
That toy is AWESOME!!!
Wing Saber

Postby AmyBlue » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:59 pm

I want that, I really want that.
AmyBlue

Postby perceptor » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:27 pm

What about TFA Blackout recolored as TFA.... Sandstorm? Springer? Whirl? Blades? ...
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers News