Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

ToyFair 2011 Full Report

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

ToyFair 2011 Full Report

Postby perceptor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:33 pm

The complete Unicron.com report from ToyFair 2011 in New York City is now online. You'll find it in the Events tab of the 2011 Section. Within, you'll find detailed notes from the Hasbro team leader presentations (Star Wars, Marvel and GIJoe as well as Transformers...) and high resolution images from the showroom floor exhibits! Enjoy!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
Image
User avatar
perceptor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Maine

Re: ToyFair 2011 Full Report

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:20 pm

YAY! It's up! Time to read.

* LEGO skyscraper FTW!

* Hey! Is that Ryan of Seibertron.com sitting right in front of you guys?

Return of the Jedi, was originally title The Revenge of the Jedi, but Lucas determined “a Jedi does not take Revenge” and changed it just before the film’s release…
* Knew this, but still interesting as always.

Cobra commander w/ Starscream deco on Skystriker jet & Megatron handgun. Sweet Comicon exclusive.
* Oh, SLAG yes! 8-)

Big publication: May 20, 2011 Transformers The Vault book. Gone into Hasbro archives, telling Transformers story that you've never seen before. You're going to think it "not only has 'The Touch' but it also has the power!'
* Been hearing about this and it has me very intrigued. :D

* Beautiful not-LEGO KRE-O Optimus face sculpture.

* Curious about whether the Rescue Bots will reside in Tyran or Yayayarst.

* Blades, Chase, and Heatwave remind me a even more chibi versions of Charlie Chopper, Policeman Pete, and Rescue Roy respectively.

Here they're going to do the story that leads up to the start of the movie
* Instead of adapting the movie? How will this affect the DOTM prequel comics?

* Ultimate OP is TWENTY-TWO INCHES TALL!!! THAT'S ALMOST FORT MAX SIZED!!! (*faints from awesomness*)

* "Autobot Roller" you say? Looks like they finally give true robotic life to one who bears the name "Roller". :grin:

Scraplets look like G1 comics Mechanibals...
* Aww, I was hoping they'd be more like the G1 Scraplets.

These are 80's characters, but this isn't some 80's cartoon.
* Did they really say these exact words? Because the current fictional status with the cartoon, game, and book says otherwise.

* "Sleepers" could mean "sleeper agent", as in someone whose both secretly and unknowingly working for the other side as a double agent. A sleeper agent is a double agent who has no conscious awareness of their allegiance to the enemy.

* If the word "pantheon" is any indication, maybe they're building up to Unicron (though if he is the big build up to the end of season one, how could they possibly top him in season two?), but I don't wanna start any rumors. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: ToyFair 2011 Full Report

Postby perceptor » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:* Hey! Is that Ryan of Seibertron.com sitting right in front of you guys?


Yup, and Alex of TFW2005 to our left (w/ his head turned). Ben Yee, Allspark.com, and TFwiki guys were there too somewhere...

Sabrblade wrote:Here they're going to do the story that leads up to the start of the movie
* Instead of adapting the movie? How will this affect the DOTM prequel comics?


Yeah, interesting huh?! I wonder if Mikela will get stepped on in the video game? And that will be the sum total of explanation we'll get as to her whereabouts?! :) hahaha!

Sabrblade wrote:>Ultimate OP is TWENTY-TWO INCHES TALL!!! THAT'S ALMOST FORT MAX SIZED!!! (*faints from awesomness*)

I know, it's amazing.

Sabrblade wrote:>"Autobot Roller" you say? Looks like they finally give true robotic life to one who bears the name "Roller".

Looks great. As a 6 wheeled Autobot moon-buggy too. PERFECT alt mode, PERFECT choice!

Sabrblade wrote:>Scraplets look like G1 comics Mechanibals..
>* Aww, I was hoping they'd be more like the G1 Scraplets.


Video clip that we saw is on YouTube (feel free to add another news post about it! :)
But I embedded the video below.

Sabrblade wrote:These are 80's characters, but this isn't some 80's cartoon.
* Did they really say these exact words? Because the current fictional status with the cartoon, game, and book says otherwise.


I cannot exactly type as fast as people speak, but pretty close. They said something along these lines. I don't think they meant it as, *you should interpret these characters as being THE characters from the 80's show...* As much as I think they meant, these characters will seem very familiar to those who are fans of the G1 toons.

Sabrblade wrote:>* "Sleepers" could mean "sleeper agent", as in someone whose both secretly and unknowingly working for the other side as a double agent. A sleeper agent is a double agent who has no conscious awareness of their allegiance to the enemy.


Yeah, I did not know if he misspoke or meant something like that when he said it. That is a direct quote.

Sabrblade wrote:>* If the word "pantheon" is any indication, maybe they're building up to Unicron (though if he is the big build up to the end of season one.


My thoughts exactly! "Big" could mean a lot of different things: Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, constructicon combiners... all are big, as is Unicron. With all the Unicron talk that's already gone on, I'm thinking it's a distinct possibility. We shall see.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
Image
User avatar
perceptor
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1180
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: Maine

Re: ToyFair 2011 Full Report

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:09 pm

perceptor wrote:Video clip that we saw is on YouTube (feel free to add another news post about it! :)
But I embedded the video below.
I think I found the clip on the Hub's Facebook. Yeah, they do look like the Mecannibals, but thank goodness they're still pint-sized.

Though, one thing I'm getting sick of is all the spoiler clips we keep getting for each and almost every episode. This is one of the reasons I didn't enjoy episode 1 that much: because I had already seen so much of it via preview clips, there wasn't much left for me to be wowed about.

perceptor wrote:I cannot exactly type as fast as people speak, but pretty close. They said something along these lines. I don't think they meant it as, *you should interpret these characters as being THE characters from the 80's show...* As much as I think they meant, these characters will seem very familiar to those who are fans of the G1 toons.
Ah, okay, good then. If they intended them to be the exact same characters, then we'd be have a whole lot of headaches going on (and we already got one headache with Skyquake). :P

perceptor wrote:My thoughts exactly! "Big" could mean a lot of different things: Trypticon, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, constructicon combiners... all are big, as is Unicron. With all the Unicron talk that's already gone on, I'm thinking it's a distinct possibility. We shall see.
Though, I'm still kinda recovering from the Unicron-heaviness of the 2003-2006 fiction. He's kinda been done to death.

If they do decide to go the Unicron route, hopefully it'll A) be pulled of in an ingenious and enjoyable way, and B) be in sync with what we were told about Unicron in Exodus.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: ToyFair 2011 Full Report

Postby DocWho » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Aww, no pictures of the Underground Toys Doctor Who booth? ;)

I kid, I kid. Great report as usual, guys.
Image

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.


Follow me on Twitter
User avatar
DocWho
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:46 pm


Return to Transformers News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest