Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

1984 Revamped & Amped!

This forum is the news engine for Unicron.com. All of the topics in this forum will also show up on the main page as news posts. Registered Users can reply to topics, but not create new ones. If you are looking to help us out with a News Tip, please check out the sub-forum "News Tips & Rumors."

1984 Revamped & Amped!

Postby perceptor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:45 am

Unicron.com's 1984 Transformers Section has been totally revamped and upgraded to the new Unicron.com infrastructure system! While it is still not a "finished product" (meaning: several improvements to "the system" are still in the works) we thought it's about time we bring it to your attention! This is what you'll find:

25 totally redone character pages for the '84 originals
* each page features an new photo gallery of the toy comprised of over 750 high resolution photographs
* screen captures corresponding that character
* character profile, ability, weaknesses, and "Other _specific-name_ Toy Appearance

Just beneath the "All Toys" listing you'll find media:
* Listing of the 16 episodes of G1, Season 1, each a link to complete photo gallery of that episode
* all in all, there are over 3,100 all new, high resolution images!
* just below a summary of the first 12 issues of the G1 comic series

So, with all that said; is it Jazz? Prowl? Wheeljack or Soundwave? Who's your favorite???
How about the shows? More Than Meets The Eye, part 1, Roll for It, or Heavy Metal War Have a favorite show???

This is a small taste of what we've been cooking up! All of Unicron.com's Transformers by year pages to this level and more... Stay tuned!!!
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: 1984 Revamped & Amped!

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 am

Most excellent, indeed. 8-)

However, I was reading the G1 Optimus Prime page and noticed that it included a mentioning of the backstory given to Optimus in the Exodus novel. The problem with this is that the Exodus novel isn't in regard to any iteration of the Generation 1 Optimus Prime. The Orion Pax/Optimus Prime that appeares in that novel is the one who appears in the modern day fiction of the Aligned Continuity, which consists of WFC and the Prime cartoon. G1 is not a part of this canon and therefore Exodus is not in any relation to G1.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers News