Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Your Collection

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Your Collection

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:57 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Lord Megatron wrote:I see, I can't get enough G1 Megatron-y goodness!
I'll buy it simply for the gun mode. I already own a G1 Megatron, the G1 Megatron reissue, G1 Megaplex, and Masterpiece Megatron and while I enjoy the looks of the Masterpiece Megatron, I still feel that he leaves MUCH to be desired. I pretty sure that FansProject could clear this up with an add on set but for some reason they haven't, go figure.
Haven't you heard of the Justitoys MP5 Upgrade Package for Masterpiece Megatron? (ignore that it says "gundam").

Yeah, but it only really improves the alt mode. I own this set actually and while the new die-cast parts are designed to make him more sturdy in robot mode, they fail in doing so. When I said "add on" I meant one that actually improves his overall robot mode look. For that they'd be required to construct new leg pieces to fill in the leg and thigh areas, a new head because there tends to be a lot of gripes about his head sculpt, and some new skirting above the legs.

"just dont get me wrong i love G1 megs and every thing about him but i cant spend a whole lot of money on him and other variations when theres a million other TF's that need me to buy them"

I understand, I feel the same way. Back when Cybertron was going on, I felt like I needed to own every figure in order for my collection to be complete. All that did was set me back a few $100 and took up more room in my residence. Right now I'm not a completionist, I'm more interested in getting the figures that I actually want rather than buying them all as a lot.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 am

I think I have between 500 and 600 figures with some comics dvds and other media not being counted. That includes around 40 different Optimus Primes, the second most figure I have is Starscream with around 10. Have been collecting over 20 years now and never gotten rid of anything except for some kids vhs tapes. Have lost a few pieces though and lost some smaller figures when I was very young. It's been a while since I took inventory but maybe I'll do it soon for an exact number.
cyberwuss

Postby rescue munky » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:20 pm

my collection is really small compared to yours,I have roughly 51 figures from UT, BW,BM animated and movie 1. an Autobot T-shirt, a Keychain,a bunch of bubblegum stickers, 7 DVDs including the 2007 movie, a few select episodes from G1, and the first season of Beast machines.(and my brother sometimes thinks it's too much lol).
rescue munky

Postby Lord Megatron » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:45 pm

rescue munky wrote:my collection is really small compared to yours,I have roughly 51 figures from UT, BW,BM animated and movie 1. an Autobot T-shirt, a Keychain,a bunch of bubblegum stickers, 7 DVDs including the 2007 movie, a few select episodes from G1, and the first season of Beast machines.(and my brother sometimes thinks it's too much lol).

Well then, if we're counting DVD's then I've got a bit to unload. I own the entire series of G1, three versions of the original animated movie, Beast Wars Seasons 2 and 3, the entire series of Beast Machines, the entire series of Transformers Armada, the complete series of Energon(though I haven't even finished it yet), the entire series of Transformers Cybertron(for some reason, my 3rd disc doesn't work sometimes), two versions of the 2007 movie, and Transformers Animated season 1+movie combo. As far as clothing goes, I own a custom "All Hail Megatron" shirt, A Decepticon chain Wallet, 4 Decepticon wristbands, a "why vote for a lesser evil" shirt, 3 ROTF shirts, a custom Bludgeon shirt, a G1 movie glow-in-the-dark jacket, and a G1 Megatron jacket. I also own a bunch of posters promoting the new movies and a G1 Megatron poster.

But anyways, out of all of the different Transformers toy-lines I think my favorite out of all of them is most definately Transformers Universe simply because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. It draws out all kinds of characters from various regions of the Trans-mythos and incorperates them into a solid storyline. I have to admit, I hated Universe when it came out because of its constant use of repaints, but having looked deeper into the story I could care less about the use of repaints, in fact I think that they're pretty cool.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby rescue munky » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:58 pm

see what I was saying?
rescue munky

Postby megatron » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:01 am

my collection is very specific voyger or larger figs unless its the movie stuff. then i would only get the ones that were in the movie. starting with g1 all the way to present. i only count the ones that transform combiners count as for example devastator six differrent figs plus devastator that equals 7. superion would equal 6. anyways to give an acurate number i dont have i would guess i willsay close to 300 maybe more.

@ lordmegatron awsome subject lets make a later date to give others time to do an official count, and make it so that they only count the ones that transformer.:)
megatron

Postby Agent X » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:43 pm

i can top you all

my parent banded me form watching The Movie (not the 2007) except for once a year, because thiswas the movie i rented almost every week when i was little

amd now i drive them insane when im home beacue i watch it all the time
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Lord Megatron » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:03 am

Agent X wrote:i can top you all

my parent banded me form watching The Movie (not the 2007) except for once a year, because thiswas the movie i rented almost every week when i was little

I just love your grammer skills! :D

kNow iph youl'l ecxues mi i haf to go drove a kar. :lol:

Oh wow!
Lord Megatron

Postby Agent X » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:03 am

Lord Megatron wrote:

Oh wow!

my villian name is Dr. Cantspel
but the sad part is i correct my friend who is and English major and now a teacher
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Lord Megatron » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:36 pm

Agent X wrote:
Lord Megatron wrote:

Oh wow!

my villian name is Dr. Cantspel
but the sad part is i correct my friend who is and English major and now a teacher

:lol: wait, what? :?
Lord Megatron

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion