Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

To quit or not to quit?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

To quit or not to quit?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 pm

After having seen both the video review of the Transformers: Prime Deluxe Starscream figure and the new Comic-Con images of the newer Prime toys, I now have a question. Should I stop collecting DOTM toys so I can have more money to spend on these toys? Thus far, I've only picked up a few DOTM toys, and most of them have yet to impress me. The DOTM toys that have yet to come also don't sound that very appealing to me either.

These Prime toys, however, have me fangasming to no end! They look fantastically magnificent... unlike the DOTM toys. So, should I drop the DOTM toyline in order to save up for the Prime toyline?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: To quit or not to quit?

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:25 pm

save your money dude if the dotm line is boring you then just hold off untill the prime toys
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:36 am

I have to agree. Save your money unless you find one you want.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Creaturehuntguy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:45 am

Man, i was kind of disappointed in the DOTM line. I only have a few myself and I only see a few out ther that look worth it! So what i would do is definitely save up till Prime comes out while also keeping tabs on the figures that come out of the next few waves of DOTM. (Like Soundwave!)
Creaturehuntguy

Postby Lord Megatron » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Save your money SB. The DOTM hasn't had very many gems so far in comparison to ROTF. I mean with another leader Prime I understand that it would be kind of difficult to improve the already INCREDIBLE leader figure but I kind of expected more from Shockwave seeing as he was marketed as being the big-bad for the 3rd film. I suppose I should have learned with my experience with The Fallen and the fact that he never received a leader class figure but eh, that's just me whining. At least we got the best Movie Megatron figure out of this line as well as that gorgeous Cyberfire BB. I can't stop gushing about those two. Megatron is brilliant because he finally transforms into 'something' and CFBB is great because of his wicked paint scheme and great articulation even if he's only a rehash of a previously existing mold.
Laserbeak wasn't bad either but that completely depends on your opinion of his new design. So yeah, I guess there are a few gems in the DOTM line but I'd still suggest just holding off until the Prime figures are released.

Here's hoping for that rumored Leader DOTM Megs though! :D
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Yeah, brotha'. Save your moolah. The movie toys were cool, but c'mon it's Prime time!

Seriously, like you said the toys look phenomenal.

Do the Lukis bros. still produce the figure accesories? I still have my Vector Sigma key!!! I love it I tells ya! Thank ya, kindly.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion