Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Have you ever regretted buying a certain figure?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Have you ever regretted buying a certain figure?

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Have you ever bought a TF toy that you later regretted buying? Like, one that you thought you wanted but then actually disliked completely once you experienced it? Or maybe one that had a defect or a missing part? Or even one you thought was perfect at first, but then saw that they made a better version of the same one later and wanted that one instead?

For me, I regret buying ROTF Stratosphere.

Seeing as how he was inspired by the transport plane that Optimus drove out of in that movie, and seeing as how he came with a mini Optimus accessory, I thought it might be cool to recreate that scene with this figure and that his height would make him seem somewhat impressive.

Sadly, I found that the storage gimmick with the mini Optimus was only mildly enjoyable, since Optimus doesn't really stay inside the plane, thanks to a weak spring mechanism barely holding the door closed. That, coupled with a pitiful robot mode whose giant feet and top-heavy backpack are made from more than half the whole altmode.

And, no gun. He was originally supposed to have one, but ulitmately didn't. Though, I guess it doesn't matter, since his thumbs are made so that he couldn't hold a weapon to save his life. :-(

All in all, Stratosphere is a figure that I could have done without. For now, he's cannon fodder. :roll:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Have you ever regretted buying a certain figure?

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:28 am

Sabrblade wrote:Have you ever bought a TF toy that you later regretted buying? Like, one that you thought you wanted but then actually disliked completely once you experienced it? Or maybe one that had a defect or a missing part? Or even one you thought was perfect at first, but then saw that they made a better version of the same one later and wanted that one instead?

Ones I hated: Movie Brawl and Bonecrusher
One I thought I wanted and disliked after I bought it: Armada Starscream. Althoug, I don't regret this one because I know had I not bought it I would have continued wanting it for a long time
Ones they made a better version of:
Cybertron Ransack, Override, and Breakdown
The GTS line of them was way better and I should have gotten those ones instead
also Cybertron Optimus, as they came out with Galaxy Force Optimus later
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:51 am

Wing Saber wrote:Ones I hated: Movie Brawl and Bonecrusher
Oh, yeah, Movie Brawl. :x The Deluxe one. :x The Leader's awesome, though. I just wish I hadn't gotten that awful Deluxe Brawl.

Took them forever to fix his shoulder problem, not doing so until the release of ROTF Deluxe Deep Desert Brawl. :-(

Wing Saber wrote:Ones they made a better version of:
Cybertron Ransack, Override, and Breakdown
The GTS line of them was way better and I should have gotten those ones instead
also Cybertron Optimus, as they came out with Galaxy Force Optimus later
But none of them are show-accurate. ;)

Though, I think Toys 'R' Us still has that Cybertron 3-pack with Ransack GTS, Scattorshot, and Repugnus in Universe packaging.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:05 pm

rotf scalpel what a piece of crap
ironrod prime

Postby mightwork » Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:10 am

ironrod prime wrote:rotf scalpel what a piece of crap

Completley agree. There are twelve ball joints in his legs, out of the box FOUR of them were broken. He can stand but if you pick him up, bump him or give him an odd look, BAM! he collapses and four of his legs fall off
mightwork

Postby Agent X » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:54 pm

RoTF Stratosphere
DotM Roadbuster Deluxe version
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:57 pm

Agent X wrote:RoTF Stratosphere

what

ok stratosphere i can kinda understand but why roadbuster(and please dont tell me it was because he wasnt meched out)
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 pm

ironrod prime wrote:

what

ok stratosphere i can kinda understand but why roadbuster(and please dont tell me it was because he wasnt meched out)

I'm gonna guess that that is the reason (his lack of meched out armor in vehicle mode). Without that armor, he just doesn't look all that movie-accruate in altmode. His Robot Mode does, but not his vehicle mode.

And since there was the Human Alliance version released with the altmode armor, anyone who wanted a screen-accurate version and picked up the Deluxe first would thus be a little upset that they didn't wait and get the Human Alliance one first instead.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:36 pm

ironrod prime wrote:

what

Roadbuster is just kinda blah compaired to deluxes i've bought. He just needs somthign more. I might get the new version when they go on sale so i can customize the arm Mechtech ports to work in car mode and get a second sawgun
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:01 am

Agent X wrote: I might get the new version when they go on sale so i can customize the arm Mechtech ports to work in car mode and get a second sawgun

funny you mention that the deluxe thundercracker just so happens to come with one

the only thing is its blue not green
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion