Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Have you ever regretted buying a certain figure?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Have you ever regretted buying a certain figure?

Postby PORTER » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:50 am

Sabrblade wrote:Have you ever bought a TF toy that you later regretted buying? Like, one that you thought you wanted but then actually disliked completely once you experienced it? Or maybe one that had a defect or a missing part? Or even one you thought was perfect at first, but then saw that they made a better version of the same one later and wanted that one instead?

For me, I regret buying ROTF Stratosphere.

Seeing as how he was inspired by the transport plane that Optimus drove out of in that movie, and seeing as how he came with a mini Optimus accessory, I thought it might be cool to recreate that scene with this figure and that his height would make him seem somewhat impressive.

Sadly, I found that the storage gimmick with the mini Optimus was only mildly enjoyable, since Optimus doesn't really stay inside the plane, thanks to a weak spring mechanism barely holding the door closed. That, coupled with a pitiful robot mode whose giant feet and top-heavy backpack are made from more than half the whole altmode.

And, no gun. He was originally supposed to have one, but ulitmately didn't. Though, I guess it doesn't matter, since his thumbs are made so that he couldn't hold a weapon to save his life. :-(

All in all, Stratosphere is a figure that I could have done without. For now, he's cannon fodder. :roll:

to this day i wishh i would have gotten him.im a sucker for aircraft-formers :mrgreen:

now that all the movies are over some of my bayformers dont seem as cool to me as before.....but i dont regret them at all.

hmmmm....got one!

pcc searchlight's minicon has no purpose! he looks more like a green lantern corps member than a transformer...which i kinda like now...give me time...i will find one...maybe lol
PORTER

Postby CYLON (13) » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:49 am

I haven't been a TF collector since the 80's. From time to time I'll pick up some TF related merchendise...but it's a rare occurance.

I have a figure I don't really regret buying, but I wish I would have waited. I bought (I think it was the second) Beast Wars Dinobot. The figure itself is cool; the color scheming is off though.

Later, it was the 10th anniversary I think (it came with the dvd), a color-accurate version was released. Whenever I have the cash, I'm picking the newer one up (plus a few of his little friends muahahah...heh).

So, yeah...just wish I would've waited. Still a cool figure, though.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:56 am

CYLON (13) wrote:Later, it was the 10th anniversary I think (it came with the dvd), a color-accurate version was released. Whenever I have the cash, I'm picking the newer one up (plus a few of his little friends muahahah...heh).
There have been better ones released since then. The best BW Dinobot is the Henkei! Henkei! Dinobot.

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:04 pm

only one I ever regretted was cybertron demolishor, because of thin hip connections, and possibly the bike sisters from rotf deluxe, otherwise I'm good with everything and even those regrets were only slight. I could say generations wheeljack but it is only because I need to fix his door to stay on somehow. And a while back I bought dotm deluxe optimus and had to fix his arm, but I went out and bought another that was undamaged as well, so all is good. I own about 1000 transformer figures now and only regretting about 5 of them says alot about Transformers QC. That is 99.5% satisfaction there.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby batman1975 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:54 pm

I would have to say ultimate optimus prime,(I'm probably going to get ripped to shreds for this) but I g out him $32 and I am thoroughly disappointed with the paint job, and the fact that he has no weapon when he's not in the exosuit bothers me also but alas I'm a prime nut and had to get him so he could join his brethren
batman1975

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:48 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:Later, it was the 10th anniversary I think (it came with the dvd), a color-accurate version was released. Whenever I have the cash, I'm picking the newer one up (plus a few of his little friends muahahah...heh).
There have been better ones released since then. The best BW Dinobot is the Henkei! Henkei! Dinobot.

Holy...!

That is awesome! Yeah, might have to save up and get that bad boy. :lol:
CYLON (13)

Postby Tacticon » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:00 am

There's always times for us all to learn lessons and I definitely did... I regret getting - "Straightaway Shootout" Legend Pack. Now I have no clue why I got em', especially in my opinion there's nothing unique about their molds... AAARRGH!!

I got suckered on that $3 Clearance at Target..... :oops:
Tacticon

Postby IV_prime » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Off the top of my head, I regretted buying the G1 Soundwave when I was a kid. Megatron was a xmas gift and ruled in my 8 yr old mind, then Shockwave soon after lighting up and sound effects you know? So when I took my birthday money and dropped it on Soundwave, the oomph wasnt there.

Currently I've regretted buying Barricade. Cool figure but awful transformation. Skids too.
IV_prime

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:00 am

IV_prime wrote:Currently I've regretted buying Barricade. Cool figure but awful transformation. Skids too.

which ones theres several of each
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm

Tacticon wrote:There's always times for us all to learn lessons and I definitely did... I regret getting - "Straightaway Shootout" Legend Pack. Now I have no clue why I got em', especially in my opinion there's nothing unique about their molds... AAARRGH!!

I got suckered on that $3 Clearance at Target..... :oops:

$3 clearance? That doesn't sound like such a bad deal.
CYLON (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion