Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Not unless its worded in a way that refers to how he double-crossed his mentor to overthrow him (which he essentially did, since all who served Cryotek and didn't get caught turned their primary allegiances to Megatron and none else).

Yes, but, as you said, TotGD and DoFP by themselves can work to fit into the IDW Beast Era fiction, and Cryotek still plays a role in this pre-BW period.
I just wish that Cryotek would have at least gotten some kind of mention like, "Having been the star pupil of the crime lord Cryotek, Megatron proved to be the superior mind, succeeding where his former master failed in acquiring the Golden Disc [sic] for himself." This very sentence could easily fit well between the fourth and fifth sentences of Megs' bio.
Yeah, and I stand by that the two continuities can be canon, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't made with the intent to be. Thus, IDW didn't include it because they didn't feel like including it. It's not necessarily part of their continuity. At this present time, there's nothing outstanding that says that it can't be canon, but there's also nothing truly supporting that it is.

And just so we're clear, I personally do subscribe to the theory that they are canon. I even still think that the 3H stuff is canon with it all, too (which, as far as I can tell, only requires one more step in IDW's continuity that would need to strand Ravage on prehistoric Earth once again). So, I would have liked Cryotek to have been mentioned, personally, but it was IDW's (or more specifically, Simon Furman and Ben Yee's choice) to not include him (as they were the ones who wrote everything in the stupid book :|).
TriPredRavage

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Okay, Sabr made me think of another one. You guys ready for this? Because I'm about to blow your minds.

MW Megatron & Megaplex/BWII Thrust/RiD Wind Sheer/RM Air Hunter as DoFP Albitron

Boom! Did all of your heads explode? I know they did...

Okay, all joking aside, I had thought about this figure before, but I was thinking about it on the lines of Gator Megatron (and we all know that that one is pointless, because Gator Megatron is either G1 Megatron reborn (making his DoFP form G1 Megatron), or the original intent for Beast Wars Megatron, whose DoFP form is (unfortunately) Cybertron Defense Red Alert). I also thought about Megalligator, but I'm not sure who or what Megalligator and Convobat are supposed to be, so I just held my tongue. But now, Sabr has reminded me of the existence (or... intended existence) of Albitron! So let's compare, shall we?

Headmold: virtually perfect. Same basic shape. Albitron's is a little more detailed, but it's a passible difference, I think.
Chestplate: Very Silmilar. The comparison between the Gator Head chestplate and the Cockpit chestplate are actually very reminiscent of one another.
Weapon: one handheld gun.
Transformation: identical. ...just from the other direction. Literally, if they took the Gator Megatron figure's spring transformation feature as the basis of MW Megatron (and subsequently every other springloaded transforming figure of BW and MW), I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 pm

No complaints here. It works.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:32 am

ok guys what figures do you think would work for the following

deadlock
wing
dai atlus
braid
turmoil

i know we already have drift but deadlock would be nice to own
as for the others i want to own them cos i can XD
lioconvoy

Postby Blademan91 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Every time I hear the name Dai Atlus I think of the Stratosphere mold.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby lioconvoy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:14 pm

interesting choice but strangely i can see what you mean
added to this, as a slight omage to zone, the micromaster with him could get a nod in the micro optimus prime

as for wing, i think the drift mold with a new head would work as not only would this look quite good as master and puple sharing the same body type, but it already has the blades and the grate sword aswell as it showing the choice that deadlock chose when he converted his name back to drift and what he chose to fight for in that he follows wing's teaching

the problem i find is a mold for turmoil and deadlock himself
at this point in time, i simply have no idea what would work for them
the same for braid

and on another note, am i the only 1 who think that hastak are mising out on a serious mony maker by not gang molding the nebulon mold in different colours?
heck they could even modify the mold to use the clip sistom instead of the target on gimic that nightstick has and they would work with the majority of figures

think about it, blurr, kup, scourge in the generations line alone would justify it
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:31 pm

I took a look at the "Bad Spark" episode of Beast Wars to get a better look at Protoform X, and it looks as though X has a set of wheels on each shoulder (3:41 in this video). This might prove useful to us in figuring out a figure for him.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Blademan91 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:56 pm

Another idea for our friend X here: Cybertron Scattershot

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:I took a look at the "Bad Spark" episode of Beast Wars to get a better look at Protoform X, and it looks as though X has a set of wheels on each shoulder (3:41 in this video). This might prove useful to us in figuring out a figure for him.
Well, the CGI model is definitely just Rampage's model from the actual series with all of his kibble removed (and I do mean all; he doesn't even have the pieces on his head!), similar to Depthcharge's pre-Earth, pre-Transmetal appearance. So those are definitely just those grey circles that his crab arms came out of.

That said, though, thinking of them as tires is an interesting idea and definitely makes for some potential direction to go in while looking for DoFP Protoform X. I've just been looking for anybody who has flat shoulders, but this could give us some new possibilities!

Clicking around, so far all that I've found with a design that puts the tires on top of the shoulders like that is Energon Prowl. I'm still looking, though.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:14 am

Blademan91 wrote:Another idea for our friend X here: Cybertron Scattershot
His shoulders don't match. These (for lack of a better term) "wheels" placed on his shoulders appear to be set direct on top of his shoulders and face upward.

TriPredRavage wrote:That said, though, thinking of them as tires is an interesting idea and definitely makes for some potential direction to go in while looking for DoFP Protoform X. I've just been looking for anybody who has flat shoulders, but this could give us some new possibilities!

Clicking around, so far all that I've found with a design that puts the tires on top of the shoulders like that is Energon Prowl. I'm still looking, though.
Skimming through toyline after toyline on TFWiki, I've found only four figure molds that appear to fit that description (as well as being decnetly scaled to fit with the Deluxe Terradive mold as Depth Charge): Energon Prowl, ROTF Deluxe Ratchet, Reveal the Shield Jazz, and PCC Slavage. A possible fifth one with shoulder wheels set up like this would be the upcoming DOTM Deluxe Ratchet. However, none of these guys appear to be close enough to X's look in regards to each of their body proportions. :|

I took some more pics of X.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion