Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:12 pm

Dude, Protoform X is HUGE in that flashback! :shock:

Btw, did you guys know that those two that are restraining him as Optimus Primal look on are actually Rhinox and Rattrap? (no joke, I'm not making that up. The old Beast Wars website had a quiz on it that asked who the two were in the flashback and the correct answer was Rhinox and Rattrap. Too bad they are both just copy/pastes of Optimus Primal in this scene. :roll: )
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:Dude, Protoform X is HUGE in that flashback! :shock:
Yeah, it kinda makes me wish the Terradive mold was a Voyager instead of a Deluxe. Then we could have a more accurately-sized X in this as well as Depth Charge.

Still, though ,the the only ones I could find with shoulder wheels like that were Energon Prowl, ROTF Deluxe Ratchet, Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz, and PCC Salvage (and the upcoming DOTM Deluxe Ratchet).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Still, though ,the the only ones I could find with shoulder wheels like that were Energon Prowl, ROTF Deluxe Ratchet, Reveal the Shield Special Ops Jazz, and PCC Salvage (and the upcoming DOTM Deluxe Ratchet).
Slapdash has tires on his shoulders, too, but... let's be serious.
TriPredRavage

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:09 pm

ok hypotheticaly what if the things on x's back werent wheels that would open the door for a figure who i think would be perfect

he's not a deluxe mind you but i believe he would be perfect for x

and so without further adue i give you

hftd sea s.p. ray aka seaspray
ironrod prime

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:35 pm

ironrod prime wrote:hftd sea s.p. ray aka seaspray
Hmm... it's an interesting choice, but can those fan things fold down to rest flat on top of his shoulders? I don't have the mold, so I don't know.
TriPredRavage

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:43 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:hftd sea s.p. ray aka seaspray
Hmm... it's an interesting choice, but can those fan things fold down to rest flat on top of his shoulders? I don't have the mold, so I don't know.

from what ive seen im sure they can be
ironrod prime

Postby TriPredRavage » Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 pm

This one might be a little odd, but I always wanted a repaint of the Mini-Con ocean glide as Claw Jaw/Scuba/Ikard. It's his head. It just reminds me of a squid...
TriPredRavage

Postby TriPredRavage » Tue May 10, 2011 8:40 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:This one might be a little odd, but I always wanted a repaint of the Mini-Con ocean glide as Claw Jaw/Scuba/Ikard. It's his head. It just reminds me of a squid...
Okay, to go with this one, I personally would have liked to have seen more of the Transmetal molds from Beast Wars be used as Armada molds. And to go with them, I would have liked some other Mini-Cons based on BW characters. Here are some:

Armada Mini-Con Ocean Glide as Mini-Con Claw Jaw/Scuba/Ikard
Armada Mini-Con Drill Bit as Mini-Con Drill Bit/Drill Nuts
Armada Mini-Con Buzzsaw as Mini-Con Roadblock/Autocrusher
Armada Mini-Con Longarm as Mini-Con Longrack
TriPredRavage

Postby TriPredRavage » Tue May 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Optimus Primal/Cybertron Jungle Planet Optimus Prime as Games of Deception (GoD) Apeface

Beast Wars 10th Anniversary Megatron/Cybertron Jungle Planet Megatron as Games of Deception (GoD) Snapdragon
TriPredRavage

Postby DocWho » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

I love me some repaints. Generations Blurr and TFA Ironhide are probably my favorites, although I'm sure I'm forgetting one or two.

I'd like to see a G2 Classics Grimlock somewhere down the line. Anything to get more blue robots in my collection.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion