Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Sat May 28, 2011 6:16 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
TriPredRavage wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:hftd sea s.p. ray aka seaspray
Hmm... it's an interesting choice, but can those fan things fold down to rest flat on top of his shoulders? I don't have the mold, so I don't know.


from what ive seen im sure they can be
OKAY! I realized JUST NOW as I was looking at a pamphlet thing for the Reveal the Sheild line that Deep Dive is a repaint of HftD Seaspray, and in that picture, the turbines are angled up in the way that Protoform X has those flat things on his shoulders!

Now, they are not right on top of his shoulders like they are in X's case (they're actually right behind them), but I do think the mold is a REALLY good choice for a DofP Rampage.
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Sun May 29, 2011 2:44 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:OKAY! I realized JUST NOW as I was looking at a pamphlet thing for the Reveal the Sheild line that Deep Dive is a repaint of HftD Seaspray, and in that picture, the turbines are angled up in the way that Protoform X has those flat things on his shoulders!

Now, they are not right on top of his shoulders like they are in X's case (they're actually right behind them), but I do think the mold is a REALLY good choice for a DofP Rampage.
You got a pic of this "pamphlet thing"? ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Mon May 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You got a pic of this "pamphlet thing"? ;)
Image
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Mon May 30, 2011 3:35 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:You got a pic of this "pamphlet thing"? ;)
Image
Where's the pic? :? :?:

EDIT: Nevermind. It's showing up now.

Looking closer at this mold... I guess it could work, though he'd definitely need a new head. There'd be some artistic liberties and "cheats" (like his flippers for X's feet) taken in the overall shape of the Protoform X's body, particularly his arms and legs.

Plus, how much taller than Terradive is this figure? Since we're going with Terradive for Depth Charge, let's hope that this Voyager isn't all that much taller than that Deluxe.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Tue May 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Looking closer at this mold... I guess it could work, though he'd definitely need a new head. There'd be some artistic liberties and "cheats" (like his flippers for X's feet) taken in the overall shape of the Protoform X's body, particularly his arms and legs.

Plus, how much taller than Terradive is this figure? Since we're going with Terradive for Depth Charge, let's hope that this Voyager isn't all that much taller than that Deluxe.
The flippers on his feet aren't always deployed. They can be out or not depending on who transformed the figure.

I honestly don't care how much bigger this figure is than Terradive. First off, X is HUGE in that flash back. It's only appropriate that this figure would be, too. Second, Depth Charge get's upgraded to Transmetal in his first appearance, so it would reasonable that he increased in size when he was reformatted as well.
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:The flippers on his feet aren't always deployed. They can be out or not depending on who transformed the figure.
I know. I meant that the flippers could be folded out to be used as X's real feet since they look closer to his CG model's feet than that toy mold's normal feet do. The "cheat" in this would be that the flippers are flatter than the CG model's feet, in spite of their resemblance to them.

TriPredRavage wrote:I honestly don't care how much bigger this figure is than Terradive. First off, X is HUGE in that flash back. It's only appropriate that this figure would be, too. Second, Depth Charge get's upgraded to Transmetal in his first appearance, so it would reasonable that he increased in size when he was reformatted as well.
Yeah, but did anyone really change their size when they were upgrade from normal to Transmetal? Cheetor, Rattrap, Primal, Megs, Tarantulas, and later Blackarachnia all appeared to be roughly the same size as there were before they were Transmetalized.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Tue May 31, 2011 1:25 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, but did anyone really change their size when they were upgrade from normal to Transmetal? Cheetor, Rattrap, Primal, Megs, Tarantulas, and later Blackarachnia all appeared to be roughly the same size as there were before they were Transmetalized.
Rattrap definitely got bigger. At LEAST in his beast mode. He definitely increased insize. There are of course the obvious examples of Optimal Optimus and dragon Megatron, but they aren't really Transmetals, or Transmetal IIs. I'm also pretty sure that Blackarachnia got bigger in her upgrade as well, but not as much.
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 31, 2011 1:53 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Yeah, but did anyone really change their size when they were upgrade from normal to Transmetal? Cheetor, Rattrap, Primal, Megs, Tarantulas, and later Blackarachnia all appeared to be roughly the same size as there were before they were Transmetalized.
Rattrap definitely got bigger. At LEAST in his beast mode. He definitely increased insize. There are of course the obvious examples of Optimal Optimus and dragon Megatron, but they aren't really Transmetals, or Transmetal IIs. I'm also pretty sure that Blackarachnia got bigger in her upgrade as well, but not as much.
She was still shorter than Cheetor and Silverbolt.

I wonder how much taller the BW Depth Charge toy (from head to toe) is than the Terradive toy.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8584
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: Repaints

Postby ironrod prime » Tue May 31, 2011 3:23 pm

ok this my be off topic but wat was with blackaraknias "psychic" abilities in that one episode of season three
Image
User avatar
ironrod prime
 
Posts: 2746
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: Repaints

Postby TriPredRavage » Tue May 31, 2011 3:44 pm

ironrod prime wrote:ok this my be off topic but wat was with blackaraknias "psychic" abilities in that one episode of season three
The Transmetal IIs had powers like that. Remember when Cheetor first became TM2, he made his gun come to him with the power of his spark alone. TM2 Dinobot could heal very quickly. It was just a TM2 thing. They had special powers.

Sabrblade wrote:She was still shorter than Cheetor and Silverbolt.
Like I said, if she did, it wasn't as much.
User avatar
TriPredRavage
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:58 pm
Location: The Trees Connecticut

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests