Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Erm, not really. :P

How so?
For one, it's definitely a winged insect, whereas Tarantulas was a spider (eight-legged arachnid with no wings). And Tarantulas only ever have two arms in robot mode, as opposed to this four-armed bug bot. not to mention Tarantulas' visor, unlike this guy's pair of normal eyes.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Erm, not really. :P

How so?
For one, it's definitely a winged insect, whereas Tarantulas was a spider (eight-legged arachnid with no wings). And Tarantulas only ever have two arms in robot mode, as opposed to this four-armed bug bot. not to mention Tarantulas' visor, unlike this guy's pair of normal eyes.

you very well know that if they were to make movie versions of BW chracters they wouldn't be exactly the same.
Here are what I see in common:
mouth is very similar
four arms remind me of the spider legs on Turantulas's back.
Vehicle mode is more similar to a winged spider
Besides, it's close to Turantulas than it is waspy!
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 am

yeah im not seeing it
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Vehicle mode is more similar to a winged spider
Spiders are arachnids, not insects. Spiders have eight legs, and just a head & abdomen. Insects have six legs and a head, an abdomen, and a thorax in between. Insecticon has all these elements. He is not a spider.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Or, if they wanted to keep the bug motif, they could use 2010 Scout class Insection for a movie Waspinator.
Nah. I like Proto Starscream better. This may be a shocker, but I don't care if they keep the insect motif. Afterall, there is a character named "Bumblebee" and his alt mode has nothing to do with the animal namesake. If anything, it would just be Movie Protoform Waspinator. Yuuuup.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:30 am

I retract what I previous said about using Cybertron Scrapmetal for a DoFP Tarantulas. I was under the false assumption that Scrapmetal was a Deluxe. Turns out he a Scout Class figure. Let's go with Cybertron Unicron on that one.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:54 am

Sabrblade wrote:I retract what I previous said about using Cybertron Scrapmetal for a DoFP Tarantulas. I was under the false assumption that Scrapmetal was a Deluxe. Turns out he a Scout Class figure. Let's go with Cybertron Unicron on that one.

a) You didn't know that?
b) What does that matter? Clocker was a scout and Cheetor was a deluxe, but that didn't matter. Airrazor was a basic and Slugslinger was a deluxe. Wasp is a basic while Waspinator was deluxe. Etc...
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:37 am

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I retract what I previous said about using Cybertron Scrapmetal for a DoFP Tarantulas. I was under the false assumption that Scrapmetal was a Deluxe. Turns out he a Scout Class figure. Let's go with Cybertron Unicron on that one.

a) You didn't know that?
b) What does that matter? Clocker was a scout and Cheetor was a deluxe, but that didn't matter. Airrazor was a basic and Slugslinger was a deluxe. Wasp is a basic while Waspinator was deluxe. Etc...
For A, I'd forgotten. ^_^'

For B, yeah, but when you consider Blackarachnia, it'd seem kinda weird seeing the guy that she's supposed to be a redeco of being shorter than her, toy-wise.

And, like we said before, the Unicron toy does bear a little better resemblance to Tarantulas' over body shape than the Scrapmetal toy does. He could still get a new head, though. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:32 am

Last night, I went to my local Toys 'R' Us (and also realized that there was a TJ Maxx next door to it). It was late, nearly closing time for both stores, but cursed curiosity compelled me to stay. By sheer good fortune, TRU had one single Voyager Sea Spray remaining on their shelf, and TJ Maxx also happened to have a couple of Scout class Breachers. At the last minute, I was able to pick them both up just before each store closed.

Having now personally handling Sea Spray and after some fiddling with it, I'd say that that figure really is our best bet (for now) with a Protoform X figure. He can be positioned into nearly the same poses a X was seen here, but, like I said before, there would some artistic liberties taken with such an interpretation of X with this mold, since it isn't an exact match and the differences between each are pretty visibly clear.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:05 am

theese just hit me like a ton of bricks

energon towline as shatterd glass skids, ironhide, and ratchet
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion