Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby Lord Megatron » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:16 am

Sabrblade wrote:Now that I think about it, Depth Charge's pre-Earth body that was seem in the show is in the same case as Rampage: same body as the Beast Wars body, but minus all kibble.

It would seem that they got lazy with these two at this point of the series by using simplified "kibble-less" versions of the bodies they would obtain before they actually get them. Whereas the first episode had Megatron in a different body that was only somewhat similar to his beast body.

We have to remember, when Beast Wars was at its prime CGI was very expensive and for them to animate an entirely new model it might have put them over the edge. That's entirely my take on it though.
"He has no time for the dull roots at his feet, the buds on their roots, their promise... no time. It is the most beautiful flower in the field that he wants."
Lord Megatron

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:09 am

Lord Megatron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now that I think about it, Depth Charge's pre-Earth body that was seem in the show is in the same case as Rampage: same body as the Beast Wars body, but minus all kibble.

It would seem that they got lazy with these two at this point of the series by using simplified "kibble-less" versions of the bodies they would obtain before they actually get them. Whereas the first episode had Megatron in a different body that was only somewhat similar to his beast body.

We have to remember, when Beast Wars was at its prime CGI was very expensive and for them to animate an entirely new model it might have put them over the edge. That's entirely my take on it though.

Not to mention that CGI was a very slow process back in the days. I saw a Panel at '08 NY Comic-Con about Reboot, another show by Mainframe, and they talked about how they used to have guys in sleeping bags sleeping in front of thier computers because it took so long for the CGI to render. They would start the rendering process, go to sleep, wake up hours later in hopes of the render being complete, start the next one, and then go back to sleep. That makes them sound lazy, but they were actually working over 24 hours a day, and didn't have time to go.

Thus, more effort was put into Beast Wars than any other TF series, and that's why it's better than the others. Yeah, I said it. >.>

But it also explains why Depthcharge and Rampage didn't have all that different of bodies than there post-beast, post-transmetal bodies.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:36 am

I just thought of another redeco. And it's not a DoFP one.

G1 Sideswipe as RiD R.E.V. (minus the shoulder cannon).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

repaints

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:33 pm

i have been a colecter of transformers figures for years now and have never liked repaints in the slightest save if i could not get the original figure.
resentyl however, i have found myself quite taken with a number of repaints as well as the originals.
universe bruticus and countdown to name a fiew.
now i have the originals as well as the repaints of these figures and i quite enjoy them.

what repaints/retools do you guys like? and for what reason
lioconvoy

Re: repaints

Postby DocWho » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:59 pm

If you ask me, most repaints are pretty awesome, except for Strike Mission Sideswipe. That's the laziest repaint I've ever seen right there.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Re: repaints

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:22 pm

one repaint i hate is wings of honor scourge.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Merged duplicate topic with original topic. :roll:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:33 am

as stated i am quite fond of countdown from furst gunner and indeed most of the cybertron remolds and repaints but i like to think of these figures as cybertron versions of the mold seeing as they fall in to the cybertron banner of the universe line.
i love optimus prime in to nemesis prime and ultra magnus and i did like roadbuster ultra magnus.

as for what i would like to see ...

bw waspinater repainted/remolded in to bumblebee, a repaint of ultra "blackjack" optimus primal in to nemesis primal (i know the caricter doesn't exist but it would look sooooo cool)
tmii cheetor/tripredacus agent ravage in to a tmii tigatron.
i would love to see a cybertron version of lockdown.

as for dawn of futures past figures i would like to see silverbolt repainted from blur (cybertron)
tarantulus from cybertron unicron
i wouldn't mind seeing cybertron optimus repainted in to a bre bw bigconvoy. both caricters have flite capabilitie and both look hard. also they both have removable matrixes lol
i wouldn't mind seeing a pre bw lio convoy ither. the universe version sucked. breaker wasn't bad as a figure in his own rites but omfg wtf where they thinking ruining lio like that. he would be the laughing stock of the maximals
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:56 pm

lioconvoy wrote:a repaint of ultra "blackjack" optimus primal in to nemesis primal (i know the caricter doesn't exist but it would look sooooo cool)
It just so happens that a Black repainted version of Optimus Primal does indeed exist. Not from the Ultra figure though, but from the RobotMasters figure:

lioconvoy wrote:i wouldn't mind seeing a pre bw lio convoy ither.
I wonder what figure could work for him, considering that we've seen his pre-Earth (or rather, pre-Gaea) robot mode. Maybe a retooled Animated Sentinel Prime (considering the shoulders). ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
lioconvoy wrote:a repaint of ultra "blackjack" optimus primal in to nemesis primal (i know the caricter doesn't exist but it would look sooooo cool)
It just so happens that a Black repainted version of Optimus Primal does indeed exist. Not from the Ultra figure though, but from the RobotMasters figure:

lioconvoy wrote:i wouldn't mind seeing a pre bw lio convoy ither.
I wonder what figure could work for him, considering that we've seen his pre-Earth (or rather, pre-Gaea) robot mode. Maybe a retooled Animated Sentinel Prime (considering the shoulders). ;)

hmm i could see him being a repaint of RID Optimus Prime
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion