Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Here's a simple repaint that should SO be done. Voyager class TakaraTomy Animated Blackout as Animated Venom.

ironrod prime wrote:actualy i think you mean this body

but i get your point
What fiction has that body appeared in? :?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:55 pm

uh the g1 cartoon
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:02 pm

ironrod prime wrote:uh the g1 cartoon
But he had this body in the cartoon.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:31 pm

you sure about that
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Is something wrong with your picture? :?

ironrod prime wrote:you sure about that
Yes, because that the toy his cartoon model was based on, and, at the time, that was the only Silverbolt toy in existence during the cartoon's initial run.

Plus, the Universe toy doesn't even have the same altmode. G1 cartoon Silverbolt turned into a Concord SST jet liner (like the G1 toy), whereas Universe Silverbolt turns into a (futuristic) FB-129 supersonic fighter-bomber.

The wings are also different in Robot Mode, with the cartoon model and G1 toy have them pointing down, while the Universe toy has them (and the nose cone) point up. The colors are also a bit different, with the Universe toy having too much dark gray where the G1 cartoon model/toy had white/"off white". And his cartoon head had no gold. And the upper legs in the toon were gold, while they're gray on the Universe toy and instead his knees are gold on that toy. I could go on, but this is enough. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:53 am

ok ok ok but silverbolt had to have become a maximal at some point so i still think the dirge mold is the best mold for that
ironrod prime

Postby PORTER » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:55 am

hate to just jump in from nowhere but as for repaint that are desireable id say the generations line has succeded in repainting figure i already bought and making me buy them again because they are so well done! bring on sky shadow and junkheap! :mrgreen:
PORTER

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:31 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:and for galvitron why not go the botcon route and use cdf red alert or maybe(and dont get mad) animated blitswing
Well, we've seen his body. I've included the above image for reference.

Scratch that cybertron hotshot
ironrod prime

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:24 am

My personal favorite repaint has to be Armada Cyclonus to Cybertron Buzzsaw, though Powerlinx Hot Shot from Armada is definitely high on my list of most wanted TFs. Repaints I wish had happened might be Cybertron Runamuck in G1 colors. If that were to happen it would've most likely been a Japan only figure, which would make sense since Runamuck was called Runabout in GF. I'd also have liked Cybertron Thundercracker and Skywarp done right. I've attached digibashes to prove my point. As for repaints I want to see in the future, that might have to go to an MP-13S Shattered Glass Soundwave, and a Masterpiece Sundor/Sunder (again, digibash attached)
Attachments
Galaxy Force Runamuck.jpg
Runamuck
Thundercracker.jpg
Thundercracker
Thundercracker.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
Cybertron Skywarp.jpg
Skywarp
Cybertron Skywarp.jpg (9.65 KiB) Viewed 1813 times
Sundor.png
Sundor
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Previous

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion