Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repaints

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Repaints

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Wing Saber wrote:hmm i could see him being a repaint of RID Optimus Prime
I see no resemblance between the two in terms of body shape.
ImageImage

Let's try thinking outside the box. Instead of thinking of repainting one Optimus/Convoy figure into another Optimus/Convoy figure, think of something a little more creative and original. I mean, DoFP Optimus Primal was made from Cybertron Crumplezone! How original (and brilliant) was that? 8-)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:19 pm

oh beleive me, i am very creative! last year i wrote a story about being chased by cannabalistic indians wearing yellow underwear and a pterodactyl with gravy in its hand, and by the end i was tying roller skates to the back of a donkey. ill find one
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 pm

I've found 4.
1. Armada Hot shot
Image Image
2. Energon Landmine
Image Image
3. Cybertron Hot Shot
Image Image
4. (my favorite) Cybertron Metroplex
Image Image
Wing Saber

Postby PORTER » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:04 am

i hate masterpeice ultra magnus and classics ultra magnus :!: we need a good solid new magnus mold dammit :lol:
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:07 am

PORTER wrote:i hate masterpeice ultra magnus and classics ultra magnus :!: we need a good solid new magnus mold dammit :lol:
Like Titanium Ultra Magnus?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 am

Wing Saber wrote:I've found 4.
1. Armada Hot shot
Image Image
2. Energon Landmine
Image Image
3. Cybertron Hot Shot
Image Image
4. (my favorite) Cybertron Metroplex
Image Image

woah i just noticed that Metroplex's minicon is a repaint of Leader-1
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:42 am

Wing Saber wrote:woah i just noticed that Metroplex's minicon is a repaint of Leader-1
No he's not. He's an entirely new mold who shares the same general bodyform-engineering as Leader-1. But they are neither redecoed nor remolded of each other.

It's kinda like how the Energon Starscream figure shares a similar transformation with the G2 Smokescreen/BWII Starscream/RiD Smokejumper/RobotMasters Smokesniper figure mold, while being an entirely new figure.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:01 am

well for big convoy at least there is no reason that furstgunner/red alert wouldn't work for him. retool the sholder launcher to become hand held and it would take the place of the trunk/hind quaters blaster. retool the head and there is your big convoy.
as for lio convoy hmm. he is powerful and although we know his pre bwii form i'm thinking perhaps rid sideburn. they are both lanky figures and with a retooling to the head it could work.
bor bwn break rid prowl would work.
perhaps vector prime could be redecoed in to the last autobot. there transformations are quite close and it wouldn't take much.

i would like to see starsaber also but off the top of my head i can't think of a figure that would work best. perhaps universe silverbolt with a redecoed head?
nitro convoy with a replaced head would work as a blurr that would look better than what we have in armarda/cybertron or even a modern, cybertron hotrod.
ofcourse we're missing the simplest redeco. armarda terrorsaur in to ravinus
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:06 am

lioconvoy wrote:as for lio convoy hmm. he is powerful and although we know his pre bwii form i'm thinking perhaps rid sideburn. they are both lanky figures and with a retooling to the head it could work.
Hmm...

Image Image

I'm not seeing it. :lol:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:39 pm

in my hands at 6.29 england time, i am holding nitro convoy. i realisee that he is much the same in colour as starsaber.

not i'm thinking about how much of a lost opertunity it is that hasbro havent simply replaced the head and changed the name.
sure it isn't a space ship and not a brain master but it would be so cool.
in fact, i am going to pick up another nitro convoy and kitmash it.
i've got a pare of small blue wings that would replace the tail fins on the reer, also i have a small starsaber head that is just the rite size for the gap where nitro's is.
if i were to extend the rockets on the reer i could create a new starsaber.
i'm also thinking simply paint the rists and modify the engin to hold a sword.
it would look pritty cool. i'll keep you guys updated on it and place in the alterations section so you guys can take a look when done.

i've been trying to find a figure in skail for victory leo also but no luck so far. true the figures wouldn't be able to combine any mor but never the less i will give it a go
what do you guys think
lioconvoy

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion