Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Where To Purchase Missing (G1) Weapons?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Where To Purchase Missing (G1) Weapons?

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 am

Alright, hangin' with you fellas has re-ignited my passion for all things TF.

I bought some SDCC pins (for the first Bay movie), I'm thinkin' of getting something else...hrm... ;)

But now, an idea came to me to collect G1 mini-bots/cons. No particular reason, 'cept that they'd look cool around the entertainment center. Yeah, I probably wouldn't play with them! Imagine? What's the point? LOL.

So, I'm not looking to keep these TF's in their ob. Of course, I'll be trying to get some used. Where's the best place to find missing weapons for older figures?

I remember over a decade ago, I would go to comic con's and there were people always selling weapons for like Star Wars guys and others. Without actually getting my tookis off my seat...LOL, what's the best 'site to obtain these weapons?

Don't mean to be rude, time is a factor? Please hurry! :D
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: Where To Purchase Missing (G1) Weapons?

Postby starry* *night » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:03 am

Transformerland and Bigislandtoys both sell tf parts

Transformerland does so much business and turnover they have to have stock pictures not showing the actual piece you get.
(read the descriptions carefully)

I believe Bigislandtoys photographs each piece.
I really like both stores
Last edited by starry* *night on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:10 am

eBay? I know it's not the popular choice, but it is common to find spare TF parts for sale there.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby skywarp408 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Ebay, Crave, Transformerland and toy shows. Toy shows happen all around major metropolitan areas and are great to go to.
skywarp408

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:11 am

Thanks, buds! Transformerland looks like it has what I was looking for!

Sabrblade wrote:eBay? I know it's not the popular choice, but it is common to find spare TF parts for sale there.

I've been surfing the 'Bay (what I call ebay), I've found a couple of figures that are affordable but incomplete. I searched the 'site for the missing part but couldn't find it.

Another question, if I buy a G1 figure that needs a part; will a re-issue part work just as well?
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:12 am

CYLON (13) wrote:Another question, if I buy a G1 figure that needs a part; will a re-issue part work just as well?
It should, but it depends on the reissue. Some reissues (namely those done by Hasbro) have parts modified from their original release for safety reasons (elongated missiles, neutered launch springs, etc.). Or sometimes to reinforce the strength of the toy. There's also the matter of what part it is and whether or not the reissue has that part included (some accessories may be a bit different between the original and reissue versions).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:14 pm

On a barely similar subject if anybody is interested in vintage Ninja Turtles
I know 1 source of them that's just about as impressively great as Transformerland is for TF.
starry* *night

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:24 am

Sure! I wouldn't mind a Krang or Beepob/Rocksteady! Link us up!
CYLON (13)

Postby starry* *night » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:44 am

I pmed proper links for you.
starry* *night

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion