Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Have you ever returned a toy in the wrong box?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Have you ever returned a toy in the wrong box?

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:33 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: Okay... mere words cannot describe the sheer awesome absurdity of this.

To quote blackman of Allspark.com:
This..this is art. Any person can stick a tomato or a be hive in a box, but kitbashing a figure so that they can get a toy a good deal of the fandom treats like a red-headed step child...no words. Just genius.

BTW, those are Energon Landmine limbs on that...thing, in that box.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Ok, forgive my naivete. :oops:

What are we looking at? :lol: I know it's a TF: Prime, Bulkhead box. What's going on inside, though? :lol: Did someone return a broken figure? I'm totally lost. Please spell it out, for me. :oops:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:19 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Ok, forgive my naivete. :oops:

What are we looking at? :lol: I know it's a TF: Prime, Bulkhead box. What's going on inside, though? :lol: Did someone return a broken figure? I'm totally lost. Please spell it out, for me. :oops:
See what I wrote below the image.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:29 pm

:lol: Yeah, still lost. :lol:

What's "kitbashing"?
Did someone do that just to be a jerk? Did they want the accesories? Is this supposed to be funny or shocking? I'm a fuddy-duddy, I know. :oops: :lol:
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:11 pm

CYLON (13) wrote::lol: Yeah, still lost. :lol:

What's "kitbashing"?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o "kitbashing" = "customizing"

CYLON (13) wrote:Did someone do that just to be a jerk? Did they want the accesories? Is this supposed to be funny or shocking? I'm a fuddy-duddy, I know. :oops: :lol:
What's mind-boggling about this is that someone actually took the time to take a bunch of junkers, kitbash them into something that only sort of resembles Bulkhead, and then stuck in it the box to get a goo deal on a toy that's already not that good to begin with.

In other words, they put so much extra effort in trying to get a mediocre figure for free. :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Ah, so.

That is pretty funny.
It looks like someone, with a bit of an anger issue :lol: , bought the figure beat the tar out of it and returned it...just for giggles. That's why I was all, "wha?". :lol:
CYLON (13)

Postby Tacticon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:08 am

Dr. Frankenstein - It's ALIVE.. mwahahahahaha!!!! :lol:
Tacticon

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You have got to see the TFWiki page on this. "Toy Swapping" is the name of this game. Get a load of these examples:

TFWiki.net had once wrote:
  • Armada Giga-Con Jetfire, with the packaging including nothing but the chest plate.
  • One half of a broken up Robots in Disguise Ultra Magnus in a much smaller box that belonged to a toy from a later line.
  • Alternators Dead End, with the packaging containing a non-transforming black Dodge Viper convertible model car. This was actually sold on eBay as a "rare factory error variant" of Alternators Side Swipe.
  • A painted piece of wood (!) in a Transformers packaging.
  • Cybertron Leader Class Optimus Prime, with the packaging containing a bootleg of the Power Rangers figure Ninjor.
  • Movie Voyager Ratchet and Movie Voyager Ironhide, with the packaging containing either Cybertron Deluxe Demolishor or Cybertron Voyager Mudflap.
  • A pair of binoculars (!) in Transformers packaging.
  • Energon Megatron in an Energon Galvatron box.
  • A terribly broken Titanium Thundercracker in a Movie Thundercracker box.
  • The original release of Voyager Class Ironhide from the 2007 Movie toyline in the packaging of the "Premium Series" redeco.
  • Robots in Disguise Armorhide, a toy that was originally released in 2001, in the packaging of Hardtop from the 2007 Movie line. What's worse, someone actually tried to sell this as an "error variant" on TFieds.com

And here's some image examples:

A Power Rangers Ninjor/Ninjakon knockoff in Cybertron Optimus Prime packaging. "Details and colors may vary." :lol:

The infamous non-transforming black Dodge Viper in an Alternators Dead End packaging. "Rare factory error variant! Could be yours for only $1000!"

This is just pathetic. Notice that both boxes in the pic have the wrong toy in them.

And need I really comment on this one?

I can't see who was supposed to be in the box with Landmine
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:I can't see who was supposed to be in the box with Landmine
It's a Universe Overload box with Cybertron landmine put inside it.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
OptimusPhillip wrote:I can't see who was supposed to be in the box with Landmine
It's a Universe Overload box with Cybertron landmine put inside it.

I realized that just before reading this
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion