Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Acquisitions thread

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Acquisitions thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Okay, this is unbelievable.

I'm on vacation in Tennessee right now and today we were out running some errands. During this time, we stopped in a Rite-Aid pharmacy store and I strolled over to the toys section just to see what they had. To my utter shock, they had the Universe 2008 figures of Prowl, Sunstreaker, and two Galvatrons! :shock:

I picked up one Galvy and the other two bots, but this is a find I was not expecting to find.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 pm

just snagged all 3 insecticons loose and no weapons for $9.00 a piece
ironrod prime

Postby Unicron fan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:51 pm

I snagged a DOTM Bumblebee Mech Tech leader Class today. Boy it was expensive (699 Norwegian Crowns, which I think is around 70 or so USD), but worth it.
Unicron fan

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:11 am

Unicron fan wrote:I snagged a DOTM Bumblebee Mech Tech leader Class today. Boy it was expensive (699 Norwegian Crowns, which I think is around 70 or so USD), but worth it.

you are aware that standerd retail price is around $50 you might have had to do some hunting but atleast you would have saved 20 bucks
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Not really a toy... I snagged (my new favorite word!) War For Cybertron (PC version) for a little over $8 on Amazon. I got free shipping too, since my order was at least $25.

For anyone interested I think it's still on sale, just the PC version though.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:51 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Okay, this is unbelievable.

I'm on vacation in Tennessee right now and today we were out running some errands. During this time, we stopped in a Rite-Aid pharmacy store and I strolled over to the toys section just to see what they had. To my utter shock, they had the Universe 2008 figures of Prowl, Sunstreaker, and two Galvatrons! :shock:

I picked up one Galvy and the other two bots, but this is a find I was not expecting to find.

That is a great find!

When I was younger I took a trip down to Tijuana, Mexico and found a bunch of 80's toys in two shops. I couldn't afford all of 'em, but I did come home with a Slimer from "The Real Ghostbusters" toy line.
CYLON (13)

Postby Unicron fan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:11 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:I snagged a DOTM Bumblebee Mech Tech leader Class today. Boy it was expensive (699 Norwegian Crowns, which I think is around 70 or so USD), but worth it.

you are aware that standerd retail price is around $50 you might have had to do some hunting but atleast you would have saved 20 bucks

Not sure on how it is here in Norway. I did guess on what the price in Norwegian Crowns were in USD, so I may have been some off there. Anyway, scifi stash here in Norway are almost nonexistent (unless it's Star Wars), and I only knew of two shops here that had Transformers, and the price for Bee was the same at both.
Unicron fan

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm

Yeah, I think it's a good find considering how difficult it is to find the figures in your region. Congrats!
CYLON (13)

Postby Tacticon » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 am

Year of the Dragon Optimus Prime arrived in my mail today. :-) Geezzz he is so red.. like some other thread I've read about this toyline.. He does looked like Spiderman... :lol:

Also, got Takara TF Prime SCream, Cliff, and Megatron.
Tacticon

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Which of the following is better...
G1 Windsweeper for $35
G1 Perceptor for $27
or G1 Shrapnel for $16
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion