Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Acquisitions thread

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Acquisitions thread

Postby mightwork » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:07 am

Airachnid and Grimlock arrived this morning
Airachnid isn't as bad as I thought she would be, and Grimlock is even BETTER than I was expecting

If Amazon.com's parcel tracking is any good, Springer, Blitzwing and Dreadwing should be here tomorrow :grin:
mightwork

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:10 am

Am I the only one who was horribly disappointed with Generations Grimlock?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:17 am

Wing Saber wrote:Am I the only one who was horribly disappointed with Generations Grimlock?
I wasn't "horribly", but... yeah, he could have been much better.

Doesn't help how much the game model cheats during its transformation, literally growing mass from out of nowhere and then shrinking it back into nothingness. :|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 am

Mass shifting?

Anyway snagged beast wars sky shadow and transmetal waspinator
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:10 pm

OFF TOPIC:

Mass shifting was me, I needed a diet and had blood pressure trouble, I'm walking with some stuff right now that has to do with government for www.noaa.gov and also doing some computer stuff with it so haven't bought much lately, my room is getting pretty full I've got about every book I need on everything here except for an updated Gideon's bible.

I recently picked up an extra Ripclaw (like BW Stryka) and got a Legends Smokescreen and Optimus from BH too.

I keep multiples for backup purposes, I'm pretty happy right now, can't stop smiling these days, it's like Christmas on Fourth of July heh.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Goodness, gracious, GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! I FOUND SKYQUAKE!!!!!!!!!

Walked into TRU this afternoon not expecting to find anything. Noticed that the TF section of the toy aisle had finally gotten the later wave PRID toys (this TRU had previously been notorious for having mostly just Bumblebees, Cliffjumpers, Wheeljacks, and little else, but they were usually good with the Voyagers), which were right next to the Prime Beast Hunters toys, so I took a look at what they had.

Looking at the Voyagers, I saw three PRID ones: Thundertron, Ultra Magnus, and Optimus Prime... the same three that Voyager Skyquake was said to have shipped with. Sadly, though, the Skyquake that had likely come with these three looked to be already long gone.

...Or so I thought! Just as I was about to walk away with my head slumped in disappointment, I noticed a particularly large amount of unsold Cyberverse Optimus Maximus toys that were just sitting there shelfwarming like normal. Then I thought, "You know, it's possible that there could be more stuff behind those things. Wouldn't hurt to take a peak." So, thanks to curiosity getting the best of me, I pulled out on of those "Obnoxious Maximus" sets off the shelf and looked to see what lay beyond in the back of the shelf.

There were some more Optimus Maximus toys, some unsold DOTM sets, a Generations Voyager Blitzwing someone had likely stashed away to purchase at a later time (even though there was already another Blitzwing, as well as a Springer, out in the open two shelves up -- I already got these two previously, so I didn't bother with them), and... something green stashed even further towards the back.

It caught my eye. I recognized the packaging as a PRID Voyager box. It wasn't Bulkhead, it was SKYQUAKE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Like the Blitzwing, someone must have hidden it behind all the "Shelfwarmus Maximus" to pay for later. My conscience considered this, but then I thought "It's SKYQUAKE!!! I've been the victim of scalpers too often in the past! Time for me to play the 'first come, first serve' game!" ;)

He is mine and he is gorgeous! His paint apps are even better than Dreadwing's, and he's even got MORE paint than his brother!

And with how hard he is to find, I'm thinking of keeping him stored in his packaging. I'm gonna open it to play with, but when not playing with him, he'll go back into his box, just like I do for my other special figures. I'm gonna preserve and maintain this bad boy, as he is the last PRID toy I was looking to get and now he is mine. :D

So, yeah, anyone still looking for Skyquake, head over to TRU for you best hope of finding him. Be on the look out for PRID Voyagers Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, and Optimus cuz if you see any of them and grouped together like such, chances are there either was or still is a Skyquake that came with their shipment case, increasing your chances of finding this guy. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:06 pm

Ok, an update on my newest acquisitions:

I now have Transformers Magazine 50th Edition (April/May 2013), and the Transformers Collectors' Club Magazine Collected Edition Volume 2. :grin:

About the first; I can see why Depthcharge was originally intended to come with that issue due to that he is pictured on the front cover as well as he shows up in the story. A rather funny part on the last age is that Depthcharge calls the Autobots for Maximals, and Grimlock wonders what that means (well, they don't call themselves for that in that issue, even though they have organic alt. modes). :smile:

About the second; Yes, it's already out. And boy, what a continuation. I quickly checked through it, and noticed a few things, among others that Unicron really knows how to make an entrance; Blow up the area and then appear in the resulting smoke and fire. :P
And he really can multitask, taking out several enemies simultaneously, clearly showing that size does not matter, he's still extremely lethal. :)

PS.: Ah, so the entire name for Energon spikes are Energon-conduction spikes. :smile:
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:12 pm

Universal Studios Deluxe class Evac.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby mightwork » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:33 pm

I had heard rumours of certain items being at my local Big W. With the current run of bad luck when it comes to hunting, I took these rumours with a grain of salt but still thought it might be worth it to take a squiz. I walk in and head straight for the transformers. I get there, scan the shelves and my heart sank, still nothing but Prime wave 1. As I go to head back out I see the information desk and decided that I might at least ask about this product while I'm here. As I walk up I see it. At least ten piled up just near the door, centimetres from where I had walked in minutes ago. PLATINUM EDITION OMEGA SUPREME!!!!!

I never had Energon Omega (or any Omega for that matter) but I had experienced him years ago from one of my friend's collections. Holly heck, I'd forgotten how absolutely MASSIVE he is! The figure and the box are both huge and gorgeous. A platinum edition box is really something that has to be seen in person to appreciate how beautiful a thing it is.

Anyway, I finally have an Omega Supreme and I am very, very happy :grin:

Omega: Acquired. Joy Levels: Maximum
mightwork

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Not exaclty toys, but I have acquired The Headmasters DVD from Shout Factory and a WFC Optimus Prime poster signed by the HM Studios team!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion