Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Toys that need to be made

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Toys that need to be made

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Wouldn't that make Mudflap tie with him then? ;)

No, It was based on Mudflap's, not identical

Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:32 pm

Something of recent years I wanna see: REAL figures of Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder. Their current toys have no articulation at all and, while their transformation scheme gimmicks are ingenious for their intended age groups, their toys aren't as much fun for us older collectors. I want to own show-accurate figures of the Rescue Bots with full articulation.

You hear me, Hasbro? Do it! Make''em in Prime-style, if you have to. Just make it happen and take my money!
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Something of recent years I wanna see: REAL figures of Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder. Their current toys have no articulation at all and, while their transformation scheme gimmicks are ingenious for their intended age groups, their toys aren't as much fun for us older collectors. I want to own show-accurate figures of the Rescue Bots with full articulation.

You hear me, Hasbro? Do it! Make''em in Prime-style, if you have to. Just make it happen and take my money!

you do realize thats a fools wish right they were made the way they were because they were made for a specific audiance hasbro catters to a wide variety of people not just collecters you know that
ironrod prime

Postby Unicron fan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Wing Saber wrote:This is a topic to discuss toys that need to be made
First up on the list: A show-accurate G1 Galvatron!
None exist! the only G1 Galvatrons are the '86 one, and the Universe Tank! which looks nothing like him!

Oh yeah, I really want an accurate G1 Galvatron figure, as well as accurate G1 Scourge and G1 Cyclonus (though those may already be out there, not sure), just so I can have a collection of the classic Heralds (hmm, might need a few Sweeps as well). :twisted:
I also want to see a show accurate Prime Unicron. :twisted:

More maybe to come later.
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:28 am

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Something of recent years I wanna see: REAL figures of Heatwave, Chase, Blades, and Boulder. Their current toys have no articulation at all and, while their transformation scheme gimmicks are ingenious for their intended age groups, their toys aren't as much fun for us older collectors. I want to own show-accurate figures of the Rescue Bots with full articulation.

you do realize thats a fools wish right they were made the way they were because they were made for a specific audiance hasbro catters to a wide variety of people not just collecters you know that
Nonsense. Hasbro's well aware of their product reaching above and beyond their intended target audience (the whole Transformers franchise in and of itself is geared primarily towards kids anyway; we are adults and teenagers collecting children's toys). There's no harm in them making Deluxe class figures for those four. Why, Hasbro could very easily capitalize on such an idea, as it would only bring in more money for them.

And, if these four were to ever crossover with the Prime cartoon, they'd have to have some kind of altered look to better fit the art style of that show. And any new look they get from Prime animation models could be translated into toy form, giving both age groups a chance to own a satisfying version of these characters each.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:55 pm

I'd like to see Generations Slipstream (from WfC), Moonracer, and Sparkcrusher (probably a retool/repaint of Warpath - who was awesome in Generations line)

Animated Omega Supreme would have been awesome, as would have been ANY more animated toys at all.

Stunticons need more releases as combiners in any line as well :<

And as Sabrblade pointed out, more Beast Wars characters getting redone would also be acceptable and/or awesome! Mostly because I missed out greatly on BW and never had the chance to get alot of them.

As for G1, I'd like to see at least deluxe treatments of most of the little guys like Cosmos and Pipes. I mean cmon! They rereleased every one of the Universe legends that were in that hard to find wave with Cosmos except for COSMOS as exclusives to different stores (like target sparkcrusher - warpath mold and walmart - rodimus)

I know these have been made, but they need wider release: The RTS LEGENDS: Especially Optimus Prime :<
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby mightwork » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Something I'd like to see is an Armada 10th aniversary line where they take all the darn gimmicks out of the figures and give them some proper articulation
mightwork

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:56 pm

mightwork wrote:Something I'd like to see is an Armada 10th aniversary line where they take all the darn gimmicks out of the figures and give them some proper articulation

Or even if the could find a way to keep some of them and still make them great figures

For example
You can't have Armada Starscream without his back cannons, they're an iconic weapon of his!
But you could get rid of Hot Shot's back cannon, he never used it!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:46 am

Wing Saber wrote:
mightwork wrote:Something I'd like to see is an Armada 10th aniversary line where they take all the darn gimmicks out of the figures and give them some proper articulation

Or even if the could find a way to keep some of them and still make them great figures

For example
You can't have Armada Starscream without his back cannons, they're an iconic weapon of his!
But you could get rid of Hot Shot's back cannon, he never used it!
Keep some of the weapons but nix the Mini-Con activation part of the gimmick (have a button or a switch make the weapons pop out), as the internal gears and such that linked the powerlinx ports to the weaponry inhibited the articulation. Same weapons, but less internal workings to allow for more articulation.

As for the Mini-Cons themselves, just do what Energon did (and what most toys do nowadays anyway) by having only non-functioning powerlinx ports to attach them onto without having to trigger some effect.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 pm

Wing Saber wrote:But you could get rid of Hot Shot's back cannon, he never used it!

there is universe hotshot
ironrod prime

Previous

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion