Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Past Seasons

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Past Seasons

Postby mickeyironhide » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:42 am

is there anything worth buying from collector shops?
I mean lyk the old transformers figurines.
If so, can post some pics of them and some details?
Oh ya, may i noe whaty are all the transformers seasons mostly out of production or are considered antique?
mickeyironhide

Re: Past Seasons

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:16 pm

mickeyironhide wrote:is there anything worth buying from collector shops?
I mean lyk the old transformers figurines.
If so, can post some pics of them and some details?
Oh ya, may i noe whaty are all the transformers seasons mostly out of production or are considered antique?
What do you mean by "seasons"? You are talking about the toys and not the shows, right?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:11 pm

i think he means what toylines
ironrod prime

Postby mickeyironhide » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:54 pm

ya, srry
lyk armanda, beastwars, energon... etc.....
thks
mickeyironhide

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:16 pm

mickeyironhide wrote:ya, srry
lyk armanda, beastwars, energon... etc.....
thks

Well Armada, Energon, and Cybertron are right down my alley if you have any questions regarding those three lines
Wing Saber

Postby mickeyironhide » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 am

please!
mickeyironhide

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:23 pm

mickeyironhide wrote:please!

Ok, well what do you want to know regarding those lines?
Wing Saber

Postby mickeyironhide » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:51 pm

anything about where to find the figurines, what to look out for and any limited edition figurines ot buy....
srry i am trying to get a collector's transformers for a gd friend of mine but i dont noe much about the older toylines...... i onli noe more of the newer ones.
mickeyironhide

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 pm

mickeyironhide wrote:anything about where to find the figurines, what to look out for and any limited edition figurines ot buy....
srry i am trying to get a collector's transformers for a gd friend of mine but i dont noe much about the older toylines...... i onli noe more of the newer ones.
Old TF figures can be found online on places like amazon.com, ebay.com, bigbadtoystore.com, tfsource.com, pastgenerationtoys.com, toyarena.com, yahobby.com, robotkingdom.com, kapow-toys.com, etc.

They can also be found in flea markets, yard sales, garage sales, fan conventions, some collector shops, and so on.

But, unless they're being sold for clearance from no more than over a year ago, old TF toys cannot be found in mass retail stores like Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Toys'R'Us, Kohls, etc.

Also, this site here can provide a great amount of help to you.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
mickeyironhide wrote:anything about where to find the figurines, what to look out for and any limited edition figurines ot buy....
Old TF figures can be found online on places like amazon.com, ebay.com, bigbadtoystore.com, tfsource.com, pastgenerationtoys.com, toyarena.com, yahobby.com, robotkingdom.com, kapow-toys.com, etc.

They can also be found in flea markets, yard sales, garage sales, fan conventions, some collector shops, and so on.

But, unless they're being sold for clearance from no more than over a year ago, old TF toys cannot be found in mass retail stores like Target, Wal-Mart, Kmart, Toys'R'Us, Kohls, etc.

Also, this site here can provide a great amount of help to you.

Older figures (typically Energon, Cybertron, or Classics to my knowledge) can be found at some Walgreens, CVS, etc. The Energon and Cybertron ones will typically be under the line 'Universe'. A while ago I found some Animated ones there, but I think that was when Animated was still in Mass Retail stores so I'm not positive on that.
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion