Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Would new kreons be cooler than lego without blind packaging

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Would new kreons be cooler than lego without blind packaging

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:52 pm

I vote a massive YES, if they had not cheated us by going blind pack Id likely have picked up all of them when they came out anyway, as it is I'll probably stop once I get the few I want since I'll have plenty of extra :< the kreons would definitely beat all of the minifigs since kreon megatron could just fusion blast lego darth maul to bits, and whatever the mega blok guys are called (I saw WoW ones last time at the store but no lich king) would only do slightly better. Also, what kreons if any do you guys want. I'm going for the new galvatron and spinister first and possibly airachnid and the combiner teams since they are cheap enough. The other blind packs I'm on the fence about are waspinator and sunstorm, the rest will wait until I've examined these enough to see if I really like them or if they are just average or below average fun.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Re: Would new kreons be cooler than lego without blind packa

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:15 pm

There's a way to tell which is which. Each bag has a different code printed on them for each character.

Also, each character has pieces unique to themselves, so feeling the bags for those pieces would reveal which character is within each bag.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Sabrblade wrote:There's a way to tell which is which. Each bag has a different code printed on them for each character.

Also, each character has pieces unique to themselves, so feeling the bags for those pieces would reveal which character is within each bag.

Heh, I didn't think of the old bag feel yet but had heard about the codes :p First one I'll be trying for is helicopter blades (spinister) and the crown shape (galvatron)
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 am

you guys are no fun :P
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:57 pm

I agree, non-blind-packaged character packs would be cool. But the code argument, is pretty sound...you'd have to be in-the-know, though. Like us. :grin:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:40 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:I agree, non-blind-packaged character packs would be cool. But the code argument, is pretty sound...you'd have to be in-the-know, though. Like us. :grin:

I like it better that way now, its sort of like the way prices are going higher on all the regular Transformers about the time MP10 is coming to USA release. Hopefully it works to the advantage of the big collectors like us, since all the parents will be turned off of buying high priced Transformers for a while muahahahahahahaha!!!!! Let them stay on shelves for months so I can find them before they go on sale! *Dr. Morocco laugh impression*
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:59 pm

i just thought of something if theres no blind packaging whats stopping shoppers from picking up the ones they want and leaving the rest to crowd the shelves we all remember the tunner mudflap fiasco dont we
ironrod prime

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion