Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The Official Welcome to the Board Thread

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Just a little question

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 am

Diaptotiabido wrote:Hey all!
Love the Site, been a lurker for a while but today I've decided to join the community. Hope I'll have something useful to say, Just a quick question, is there anyone else out here from Israel?
Welcome. Stick by the forum rules and feel free to discuss all things transformers.

As for your question, maybe. Someone on here might be.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: The Official Welcome to the Board Thread

Postby Naka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Name (screen name or otherwise)
Naka Poreax/Trey
Transformers fan since:

Year of Birth:

Primary Residence:
most of the time, in my head

First Transformer Ever bought:
Armada Overload

First series ever paid attention to:
Transformers Cybertron

Favorite TF Cartoon:
G1

Favorite Comic:
havn't found a place nearby that sells them

Least favorite TF persona/toy:
ROTF Arcee Twins

Top 5 Favorite Toys of all time:
1.) Generations Soundwave
2.) Generations Megatron
3.) RTS Battle in Space Cyclonus
4.) Classics Astrotrain
5.) RTS Turbo Tracks

Most rare TF collectible I own:
I really don't own anything rare

Lightning round!

Coke or Pepsi:?
Neither, I hate pop (soda)

Night owl or early bird?
Night Owl

Autobot or Decepticon?
Decepticon

Others will be surprised to know that:
Even though I was born after G1 and didn't get transformers intil the Unicron Trilogy was ending I still know more than G1 than then your average kid-fan.
I also want to go to Canada and Botcon, and also see the original Star Trek episodes
I also wish I was born in 1969 so I could be born in my favorite year and so I could grow up in the 80's
This website was also the first fansite I ever visited somewhere back in 2004-2005
Laserbeak wanna cracker?
Naka

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Welcome. Follow the rules and enjoy your stay.

Naka wrote:Year of Birth:
Well, you're about near the age of Wing Saber (one of our News posting users)

Naka wrote:Primary Residence:
most of the time, in my head
Aren't we all. :lol:

Naka wrote:Least favorite TF persona/toy:
ROTF Arcee Twins
Technically they aren't twins. In fact, she's one Autobot controlling three remote bodies.

Naka wrote:Others will be surprised to know that:
Even though I was born after G1 and didn't get transformers intil the Unicron Trilogy was ending I still know more than G1 than then your average kid-fan.
Excellent. It' good to know that todya's youth is broadening their horizons. 8-)

Naka wrote:I also want to go to Canada and Botcon, and also see the original Star Trek episodes
I myself have a interesting the Next Generation episodes of Star Trek.

As for BotCon, this year would be the year to go, as it'll be a BotCon like no other.

Naka wrote:This website was also the first fansite I ever visited somewhere back in 2004-2005
You flatter us. We are honored to be your first TF fansite.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Naka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Naka wrote:Least favorite TF persona/toy:
ROTF Arcee Twins
Technically they aren't twins. In fact, she's one Autobot controlling three remote bodies.

Yes but I use the term Arcee Twins because Lennox even calls them that by name in the movie. But I didn't know they were one Autobot, so thank you for that knowledge.
Laserbeak wanna cracker?
Naka

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:33 pm

Naka wrote:Yes but I use the term Arcee Twins because Lennox even calls them that by name in the movie.
He actually says, "Arcee! Twins!" telling both Arcee and the Twins (Skids and Mudflap) to engage Sideways. Though, Skids nad Mudflap couldn't do much since they crashed and started bickering with each other.

Naka wrote:But I didn't know they were one Autobot, so thank you for that knowledge.
Yep, just like G1 Reflector.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Naka » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Naka wrote:Yes but I use the term Arcee Twins because Lennox even calls them that by name in the movie.
He actually says, "Arcee! Twins!" telling both Arcee and the Twins (Skids and Mudflap) to engage Sideways. Though, Skids nad Mudflap couldn't do much since they crashed and started bickering with each other.

Then they messed up the subtitles because there is no comma or exelamation point between Arcee and twins. But now recalling that scene the way Lennox pronouces the line would lead me to agree with you.
Laserbeak wanna cracker?
Naka

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Naka wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Then they messed up the subtitles because there is no comma or exelamation point between Arcee and twins. But now recalling that scene the way Lennox pronouces the line would lead me to agree with you.
That, or he said the line too fast.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Well, you're about near the age of Wing Saber (one of our News posting users)

That's me!
Sabrblade wrote:she's one Autobot controlling three remote bodies.

Really? I never knew that!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:she's one Autobot controlling three remote bodies.

Really? I never knew that!
Yep. Chromia and Elita-1 only have personalities in their toy bios. In the fiction, they're mere extensions of Arcee.

Why, of her three components, only Elita-1 ever spoke in the ROTF movie, yet her voice actress was credited as voicing Arcee.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Obsidian » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 pm

There's a great telling of the story of how Arcee ended up in this three bodied situation in IDW's "Transformers: Tales of the Fallen #6" all of those comics were like spotlight issues for ROTF characters. That's Aree's issue, and a good read. They're all illustrated by Alex Milne; same guy who did our new main page background btw ;-). That issue particularly is well worth its cover cost. Welcome to the forums folks!
-Obsidian
(Unicron.com)
Obsidian
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion