Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Stickin' up for Sideswipe

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Re: Stickin' up for Sideswipe

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 pm

1. runamuk was a cybertron figure who never appeared in the cartoons

2. if you did ever watch armada you would know that sideswipe was equal in proportions too the other deluxe class characters ( ie hotshot, blur, and smokescreen)
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 pm

ironrod prime wrote:1. runamuk was a cybertron figure who never appeared in the cartoons

2. if you did ever watch armada you would know that sideswipe was equal in proportions too the other deluxe class characters ( ie hotshot, blur, and smokescreen)

I think OptimusPhillip was talking about body proportion and not relative size to other toys.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:03 am

i know i was using "deluxe" as a term for cartoon scale
ironrod prime

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:18 pm

ironrod prime wrote:1. runamuk was a cybertron figure who never appeared in the cartoons

I know, but the instructions label the gimmicks, just curious, did Sideswipe use the dragster mode in the show? And I suppose maybe the cartoon did shrink the hood arms down some, but if the toy did that, the car proportions would be ruined, and if they changed the car proportions to fit, the robot proportions would be back to original
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Maybe I was just so young when I got Runamuck I didn't know what made him bad and my mind, not wishing to ruin my childhood with the thought of one of my first Transformers being a remold of a bad one, tried to peice together arguements as to whether it was truly the gimmicks that hampered it. I guess my point is I either don't think it's a Gimmickformer or subconsciously don't want to think that.

On a completely unrelated topic, I just noticed a slight resemblance between Sideswipe and Punch/Counterpunch in appearance. Although he's a Nightbeat homage, it still looks a bit like that. Hope I didn't ruin anyone's favorite Autobot spy.
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
OptimusPhillip

Postby starry* *night » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 pm

If YOU LIKE HIM STICK TO IT ! :smile:

ABSOLUTELY NO JOKE

basically beside the point : (I think there are two useful reasons to explain the downsides of a figure
either to ask Hasbro to change things next go
or to honestly let someone know who has asked to hear about the ups or downs of it)

but there are NO useful reasons to be convinced out of liking 1 toy tf or another :smile:
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:13 pm

It's OKAY to like something that isn't that good. It's called a "guilty pleasure".

The only issues people ever take with others' guilty pleasures is if said others don't see them as just "guilty pleasures" as instead as serious, legitimate examples of high-quality. It seem you don't do this and do recognize that there are faults to this figure. But, that doesn't mean you can't still like and enjoy it.

I myself like the RiD cartoon a lot when others think it sucks. I am well aware of its faults and accept them as legitimate negatives, yet I choose to not let them hinder my enjoyment of the series. So, I like a flawed show, and as such, it is my guilty pleasure.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:It's OKAY to like something that isn't that good. It's called a "guilty pleasure".

The only issues people ever take with others' guilty pleasures is if said others don't see them as just "guilty pleasures" as instead as serious, legitimate examples of high-quality. It seem you don't do this and do recognize that there are faults to this figure. But, that doesn't mean you can't still like and enjoy it.

I myself like the RiD cartoon a lot when others think it sucks. I am well aware of its faults and accept them as legitimate negatives, yet I choose to not let them hinder my enjoyment of the series. So, I like a flawed show, and as such, it is my guilty pleasure.

Thanks, knowing you like a show that others find scrappy makes me feel better about liking a toy that everyone rails on
OptimusPhillip

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 am

you have the right to like whatever you please

i personaly like the rotf bike sisters the energon cartoon and the starwars and marvel crossovers
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:46 am

Sabrblade wrote:I myself like the RiD cartoon a lot when others think it sucks. I am well aware of its faults and accept them as legitimate negatives, yet I choose to not let them hinder my enjoyment of the series. So, I like a flawed show, and as such, it is my guilty pleasure.

Mine is my enjoyment of Armada. Then again, that's mostly because it's my first so it holds a special place for me
Wing Saber

Previous

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion