Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Do we really need another special edition Optimus?

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Do we really need another special edition Optimus?

Postby loodibee » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:41 pm

http://tfsource.com/masterpiece/year-of ... e-optimus/

A masterpiece Year of the Horse Optimus Prime is coming out this year. Do we really need another collectible Optimus? I'd rather see other characters get some love. How about Ironhide or Ratchet? I'm also very fond of the triple-changers, Astrotrain and Bliztwing.
loodibee

Re: Do we really need another special edition Optimus?

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:37 pm

But that's what the zodiac line is. A special edition line. Now i can understand you wanting a new masterpiece figure other than prime or a seeker but that's not what the zodiac line is. Your issue is with masterpiece line itself but to be fare with such iconic characters like soundwave, sideswipe, and prowl getting recent figures and upcomming bumblebee, wheeljack, and ultramagnus figures they're getting better.
ironrod prime

Re: Do we really need another special edition Optimus?

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:33 pm

Yeah, and we've been reporting that thing here for months now, so it's nothing new.

It's just the next installment in Hasbro Asia's Chinese New Year figures. As there are twelve animals in the Chinese Zodiac, we have three down and nine more to go:

2012 - Year of the Dragon - DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime (redeco)
2013 - Year of the Snake - Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme (Energon toy redecos)
2014 - Year of the Horse - Platinum Edition Optimus Prime (MP-10 Convoy redeco) and Supreme Starscream (Cybertron toy redeco)
2015 - Year of the Goat/Ram/Sheep
2016 - Year of the Monkey
2017 - Year of the Rooster
2018 - Year of the Dog
2019 - Year of the Pig/Boar
2020 - Year of the Rat
2021 - Year of the Ox
2022 - Year of the Tiger
2023 - Year of the Rabbit

And from the looks of it, they're all going to be large-sized Optimus Prime toys with or without a separate-character companion toy.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion