Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

I'm thinking about getting into Armada

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

I'm thinking about getting into Armada

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 pm

I know that the Armada toys do have their fair share of faults, but there are some fun-looking things about them, too. Even Hot Shot at least has good leg articulation, and the simplified engineering in the arms, I can live with. And anyone who's familiar with my first thread knows what I think based on my limited experience with Side Swipe. So I was kind of wondering if you had any input on what Armada toys I should start off with for an accurate first impression as to whether or not I'll start collecting them. I already have Cyclonus and an incomplete Scavenger. Which ones do you think I should get?
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Re: I'm thinking about getting into Armada

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Denolisher, blur, wheeljack, optimus prime, red alert, sideways, tidal wave, megatron, jetfire, overload, unicron, the skyboom shield, the requium blaster, the star saber, perceptor. These are some good ones
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:31 pm

Unicron is hands down the best toy of the line, followed by the Super-Con version of Optimus, as well as a few others.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:12 am

I'd say top three hands down are 1. Unicron 2. Tidal wave 3. Leader optimus prime
ironrod prime

Postby OptimusPhillip » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:06 am

After doing some thinking I realized that the deluxes (except Smokescreen, cause I agree he sucks) and Mini-Con combiner teams are probably the best. As of now my highest priorities would be Sideswipe, Blurr, Demolishor, Universe Hot Shot (while the Armada version seems fine, the Universe one is far superior) and Generations Starscream
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
OptimusPhillip

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:25 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:After doing some thinking I realized that the deluxes (except Smokescreen, cause I agree he sucks) and Mini-Con combiner teams are probably the best. As of now my highest priorities would be Sideswipe, Blurr, Demolishor, Universe Hot Shot (while the Armada version seems fine, the Universe one is far superior) and Generations Starscream

I'd replace sideswipe with either sideways or wheeljack cause quite frankly sideswipe sucks
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:52 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
OptimusPhillip wrote:After doing some thinking I realized that the deluxes (except Smokescreen, cause I agree he sucks) and Mini-Con combiner teams are probably the best. As of now my highest priorities would be Sideswipe, Blurr, Demolishor, Universe Hot Shot (while the Armada version seems fine, the Universe one is far superior) and Generations Starscream

I'd replace sideswipe with either sideways or wheeljack cause quite frankly sideswipe sucks

agreed

You should go with Wheeljack
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 am

Agent X wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:

agreed

You should go with Wheeljack
If possible, the show-accurate Japanese version (named "Rampage" over there), which is actually closer to black than the more greenish Hasbro one.

In fact, nearly all of the Japanese Armada ("Micron Densetsu" or "Micron Legend") toys were more show-accurate than the Hasbro ones. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:46 pm

I know that the popular opinion of Side Swipe is negative, but based on having owned Cybertron Runamuck for almost a decade now I think I'd enjoy owning him. I'm even envisioning my first car as being a Pearl Blue Nissan Skyline GT-R 3rd Generation
OptimusPhillip

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion