Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

I am just beginning to collect

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

I am just beginning to collect

Postby Optimus_91 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Hello all!

I thought of this as the best place to find out information in regards to this particular subject. I have always wanted to collect Transformers but I never knew when or where to start. I am thinking of collecting only particular characters ones I have in mind are Optimus Prime/Megatron/Galvatron/Starscream/Ultra Magnus/Soundwave/Bumblebee are the ones I feel like collecting. I have looked at the latest to be released along with the new movie but they look terrible and tacky. But in terms of collecting is it a good idea to have them anyway as in 10 or 20 years time todays toys might be worth something.

Also I noticed they have brought out the 'Year of the Horse' Optimus and Starscream which are amazing but are they releasing any others in this line? like no Megatron? he would be pretty amazing just like the Soundwave Masterpiece version.

Any help would be great and I would love to make friends and share my future purchases :)
Optimus_91

Re: I am just beginning to collect

Postby blukis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:07 pm

Optimus_91, I like your idea of just collecting certain characters. A few pointers - collect the toys you like. Our reviews section can be a good place to get an idea of user ratings for toys.

Also, as action-packed as the latest movie is, there is actually insanely good Transformers fiction going on right now in the form of digital comics (More than Meets the Eye, and others). I've been reading these on my phone & tablet, and they've rekindled collecting passion for even die-hards like me. (A lot of the new Generations toys are in fact based on characters as they appear in these comics.)

I'm going to have to turn to others for your Year of the Horse question. Also, a hearty welcome to the Unicron.com forum. (and don't forget our Facebook page either!)
Unicron.com - Brian L - Image / tw / fb
blukis
Site Admin

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion