Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Need Help Identifying these Transformers Please

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Need Help Identifying these Transformers Please

Postby bidetsith » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:15 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased a lot of Transformers from a collector and found these in the lot, but am having a very hard time identifying what they are. One box appears to be a mail off, and is still taped. I'm hoping maybe someone can tell me what any of these are. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

bidetsith

Re: Need Help Identifying these Transformers Please

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:56 pm

The first image is not a Transformer. It is the STD version (as in "Standard" version) of Power Dagwon from the 1996 Japanese robot series Brave Command Dagwon. The toy was originally made by Takara (the same company that makes the Transformers toys for the Japanese market), but the one pictured here is the Korean release from Sonokong.

The second image is a Transformer. It is the Activators version of Skywarp from the 2008-2009 series Transformers Animated. However, this particular toy came out in 2010, and was a Japanese exclusive that was only available as a prize in a lottery held in association with a Japanese store called Family Mart.

The bottom two images are indeed of a mail-away Transformer. Inside that box is the Deluxe class toy of Recon Ravage from the 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen line. Though it was a mail-away figure in the U.S., it later turned up at Canadian retail as an exclusive to Toys "R" Us stores, making the figure much easier to come by. Unpackaged, it looks like this:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Need Help Identifying these Transformers Please

Postby bidetsith » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you so much for your help and quick response!
bidetsith

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion