Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Repair tips for stripped screw

If its about Transformers, the toys, it's fair game.

Repair tips for stripped screw

Postby Tickolas » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:01 am

Hey all,

I'm trying to repair the gimmick on one of my Action Master Elites. However, one of the screws has been completely stripped, as seen in the picture.

Since it's set really deep, nearly at 1cm, screw removal tools won't reach it. Also the opening is too narrow for a bigger screwdriver, and the screw has never been removed so it's stuck hard. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to get it out? (Preferably without referring to its unfortunate placement... XD)
Attachments
rsz_2015-04-28_074726.jpg
Tickolas

Re: Repair tips for stripped screw

Postby Tickolas » Wed May 20, 2015 4:03 am

Tickolas wrote:Hey all,

I'm trying to repair the gimmick on one of my Action Master Elites. However, one of the screws has been completely stripped, as seen in the picture.

Since it's set really deep, nearly at 1cm, screw removal tools won't reach it. Also the opening is too narrow for a bigger screwdriver, and the screw has never been removed so it's stuck hard. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to get it out? (Preferably without referring to its unfortunate placement... XD)

So, I decided to simply drill the screw out using a dremel. Sadly, it turns out that the figure has been glued together and as such is impossible to disassemble =/ Shame!
Tickolas

Return to Transformers - Toy Discussion