Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Which characters had the best voices? Let's compare!

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Which characters had the best voices? Let's compare!

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:20 pm

Redo time!
Optimus - Peter Cullen (Can't decide between '84 and '07)
Megatron - Hugo Weaving gets this. One of the few with an intimidating Megatron voice. David Kaye (BW) is and extremely close second, and Corey Burton is a close third!
Starscream - tie between Dobson and Blum
Soundwave - Isaac Singleton
Rodimus - Dick Gautier
Jazz - Phil LaMarr
Bumblebee - Johnny Bosch
Unicron - MARK ACHESON!!! love his Unicron voice! (You know who would make a great Unicron voice? This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhx4ZAH_Md4 especially when he says "There is much talk")
Ironhide - Jess Harnell
Ratchet - Jeffrey Combs
Arcee - Sumalee Montano
Ultra Magnus - Robert Stack
Galvatron - Leanard Nimoy
Prowl - Wayne Lewis
Omega Supreme - Fred Tatasciore (With Scott McNeil as a close second!)
Grimlock - Gregg Berger by far
Zeta Prime - Kevin Micheal Richardson
Blackarachnia - Cree Summer
Hot Shot - Micheal McConnohie
Sideswipe - Travis Willingham

I'll do more later!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Bumblebee - Johnny Bosch
Yay! Black Ranger Bumblebee FTW! :D

Wing Saber wrote:Unicron - MARK ACHESON!!! love his Unicron voice! (You know who would make a great Unicron voice? This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhx4ZAH_Md4 especially when he says "There is much talk")
:shock: Not bad. Very interesting choice. And it's Dee Bradley Baker, of all people.

I myself have thought of two other voices who would make good Unicrons.

One is Fred Tatasciore, who voiced Trypticon (and Megatron) in War for Cybertron - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzeSJCs9sGk

The other is Frank Welker, who, among all his MANY roles, voiced the Cave of Wonders in Aladdin - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90UPb4i3SxQ

Wing Saber wrote:Zeta Prime - Kevin Micheal Richardson
What the- :? :?: *looks at BTVA page* Oh. I... I think someone on that site's a little confused. That other Prime was never identified as anyone. I guess someone who played WFC and saw the movies figured that Zeta Prime was among the Seven Primes and jumped the gun without knowing. So, yeah, it's either Philip Lewis Clarke or Troy Baker. :|

Wing Saber wrote:Hot Shot - Micheal McConnohie
Whoa, the RiD one? Well, it IS Michael McConnohie, who does have a very cool-sounding authoritative voice. In fact, he was the narrator/Director/the-voice-that-talks-you-through-the-game in Crackdown, which, IMHO, sounds kinda like an Optimus Prime-sounding voice ;) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Az0YZVhKOZs#t=28s
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Wing Saber wrote:You know who would make a great Unicron voice? This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhx4ZAH_Md4 especially when he says "There is much talk")

I found a better one! Same guy, same character even, but in the next game he sounds more Unicron-ish

(He starts talking at about 1:20 and continues through the video. HE especially sounds like Unicron when he says "I will know all that I posses!" and when he says "Now at last I see! Her secret is revealed!" and "DO I take life, or give it?"

Now to continue!

Waspinator - Scott McNeil
Scrapper - Micheal Bell
Kup - John Stephenson
Wreck-Gar - Eric Idle
Wheelie - Tom Kenny
Snarl - Scott McNeil
Swimdle - Fred Willard
Cyclonus - Don Brown
Warpath - Dave Fennoy
Six Shot - Terry Classen
Mirage - Dave Wittenburg
Silverbolt - Scott McNeil
Jetstorm - Brian Drummond
Cliffjumper - Dwayne Rock Johnson
Mixmaster - David Boat
Tracks - Micheal McConnohie
Sparkplus Witwicky - Chris Latta

More later!
Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:16 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:You know who would make a great Unicron voice? This guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhx4ZAH_Md4 especially when he says "There is much talk")

I found a better one! Same guy, same character even, but in the next game he sounds more Unicron-ish

(He starts talking at about 1:20 and continues through the video. HE especially sounds like Unicron when he says "I will know all that I posses!" and when he says "Now at last I see! Her secret is revealed!" and "DO I take life, or give it?"

YIKES! He indeed sounds like Unicron, including the growling and the part about feasting on the bones. :shock:
Unicron fan

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Unicron fan wrote:YIKES! He indeed sounds like Unicron, including the growling and the part about feasting on the bones. :shock:

I love his voice! Such a great character!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:57 am

Wing Saber wrote:(He starts talking at about 1:20 and continues through the video. HE especially sounds like Unicron when he says "I will know all that I posses!" and when he says "Now at last I see! Her secret is revealed!" and "DO I take life, or give it?"
He not only sounds like Unicron at times, but at other times he sounds like Alpha Q's green face.

Wing Saber wrote:I love his voice! Such a great character!
That's Dee Bradley Baker for ya. It's too bad he isn't as well recognized as some other voice actors. He's got a good voice range having done so many recognizable characters. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:47 pm

arcee-sumalee montano
galvitron-frank welker
blaster-buster jones
inferno-dangerfeild
scourge-bary stiggler
thundercracker-wally burr
hound-petter von gomm
jetfire-troy baker
shocwave-frank welker
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Wing Saber wrote:More later!

Menasaur - Samuel Vincent
Outback - Dan Gilvezan
Blitzwing - Bumper Robinson
Daniel Witwicky - Tara Strong
Crosswise - Micheal Daingerfield Hall
Bulkhead - French Tickner
Seaspray - Alan Oppenheimer
Alpha Trion - Phil LaMarr
Trailbreaker - Frank Welker
Highbrow - David Kaye
Smokescreen - Dale Wilson
Brawn - Bob Joles
Mudflap - Dale Wilson
The Fallen - James Arnold Taylor
Sideways - Paul Dobson
Bruticus - Trevor Devall
Wheeljack - Chris Latta (Though the Prime Wheeljack was not there)
Barricade - Keith David
Blaster - Buster Jones
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Inferno - Jim Byrnes
Brainstorm - Michael Bell
Strika - Tara Strong
Ramjet - Tom Kenny
Scourge - Trevor Devall
Thundercracker - Mark Oliver
Hound - Ken Sansom
Breakdown - Krispin Freeman
Sunstorm - Charlie Adler
Wing Saber

Postby DefCon13 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:43 am

Best robot voices ever were G1 Cyclonus , G1 Soundwave ,G1 Shockwave , Beast Wars - Megatron, BW Tigatron/Tigerhawk & Beast Wars Vok Aliens voice in the BW Season 1 Finale ...Beast Wars Rampage ....Beast Machines Strika & Obsidian......
..I love the Actress who voices Airachnid in TF Prime along with Cullen & Welker ...Same for how the actor who played Megatron (Beast Wars) now voices Hardshell & how Dreadwing is voiced by the same gentleman who was Tigatron/Tigerhawk......

.... Best voice actors ever in TF were Chris Latta , Peter Cullen & Frank Welker.....
DefCon13

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion