Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

BM Megatron's alternate motives

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

BM Megatron's alternate motives

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 pm

In BM, Megatron claims his goal is to create a technologically pure Cybertron
But, could he have had an alternate motive?
Beast Wars megatron clearly thinks he is The Megatron of Myth, and tfwiki says in The Covenant of Primus, it says about the Megatron of Myth:
Something akin to a great mountain raging with fire would arise from the sea at his command, and unspecified figures "who live and war as beasts" would face their final hour as their hiding places were torn apart.

Perhaps he realized he was also living and warring as a beast, and returned to Cybertron with this new plan, and all throughout BM, he continuously tore through the Maximal's hiding places
What do you think?
Wing Saber

Re: BM Megatron's alternate motives

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Cool theory, yeees. ;)

I'm not too familiar with the books. It's very cool to read stuff like this. I'll have to wiki it and read up on all the mythology I've missed.

Keep the theories coming, dude.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:22 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:I'm not too familiar with the books. It's very cool to read stuff like this. I'll have to wiki it and read up on all the mythology I've missed.
What books? This is from the cartoons. :?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:04 am

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:I'm not too familiar with the books. It's very cool to read stuff like this. I'll have to wiki it and read up on all the mythology I've missed.
What books? This is from the cartoons. :?

psss saber i think he's a bot
ironrod prime

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:42 am

:lol: Yeah, an AutoBOT! :lol:

Sorry fellas, I love TF. Haven't been hardcore since G1 days, though. Is this info the same throughout all the series? Or what specific series is it from?
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:45 am

CYLON (13) wrote::lol: Yeah, an AutoBOT! :lol:

Sorry fellas, I love TF. Haven't been hardcore since G1 days, though. Is this info the same throughout all the series? Or what specific series is it from?
Beast Wars and Beast Machines.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:03 pm

:oops:

Thank ya!
CYLON (13)

Postby DefCon13 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:00 am

Wing Saber wrote:In BM, Megatron claims his goal is to create a technologically pure Cybertron
But, could he have had an alternate motive?
Beast Wars megatron clearly thinks he is The Megatron of Myth, and tfwiki says in The Covenant of Primus, it says about the Megatron of Myth:
Something akin to a great mountain raging with fire would arise from the sea at his command, and unspecified figures "who live and war as beasts" would face their final hour as their hiding places were torn apart.

Perhaps he realized he was also living and warring as a beast, and returned to Cybertron with this new plan, and all throughout BM, he continuously tore through the Maximal's hiding places
What do you think?

I can see the parallels you are illustrating ,but he most likely only meant that with the Nemesis as his warship the Maximals would face destruction yet again which they did as the Nemesis converged on the grounded Autobot Ark ..BW Megs did have the Dragon body that resulted from mingling his spark with G1 Megatron's so he was in fact visually confirmed to be at least partly the Megatron Of Myth...He was simultaneously himself and G1 Megs- the only two Megatrons to ever exist in the G1 TV continuity...... ..I read into the dual meaning and Beast Machines certainly makes your theory interesting since it can be applied accurately from the point of view you gave. I would have given anything to see a full episode where the Maximals broke into his visual tracks to witness his conquest of Cybertron & his elimination of the Tripredacus Council also....That would have been a heck of a lot better than a couple of clips of him blowing green smoke out of his mouth and vague clips of Vehicons attacking Maximals..Once Revelations was complete the entirety of his selection of Rhinox,Silverbolt & Waspinator to be the original Vehicon Generals would have gone over well too..Did they resist initially ? ...Were they willing to be converted so they could be spared from the effects of the virus?? ? Those questions were never clearly answered ..

Ulterior motives likely influenced the Vehicon choices ..Silverbolt not only switched to the Maximals ,but also brought Black Arachnia to the Maximal side where she helped undo the destruction of Optimus Prime - and the time storm that caused... ...Rhinox brought Optimus Primal back using the blank protoform after the transwarp explosion ... Waspinator quit the Preds.... JUST JOKING !!! The writers simply refused to take the 3 most interesting Maximals (Primal ,Rat-trap & Black Arachnia) so they used the 3 remaining living characters for the vehicon Generals ....
DefCon13

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:49 pm

or maybe megatron just chose three sparks at random
ironrod prime

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion