Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

When you think about it, TF: Prime barely has any filler

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

When you think about it, TF: Prime barely has any filler

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:20 pm

Looking back on all the episodes of Prime that have aired thus far, and after having talked about it with a friend on another site, I've come to the realization that all these episodes that we've been calling "filler" really aren't filler at all. In fact, the only episodes that truly appear to be filler are 7, 8, and 11 (Scraplets episode, Wheeljack/Makeshift episode, and the racing episode).

As for how all the other episodes are ones that matter to the plot, it turns out that there is no one major plot for this show, but multiple. At least five, to be precise.
  • The development of Starscream and his relationship with Megatron
  • The activities of MECH
  • Airachnid's history with Arcee
  • The development of synthetic energon
  • Unicron's awakening
Of these four plots, the first one has the most episodes - 12 (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20)
The second has but 3 episodes right now (9, 16, 17)
The third has 4, two of which are shared with the first and second (12, 17, 18, 20)
The fourth has but only 2 (21, 22)
The fifth and final, consisting of the last few episodes of the season, has 4 (23, 24, 25, 26)

And within these plots are little subplots interwoven in, such as Bulkhead's rivalry with Breakdown (10, 16, 18) and the mother/son relationship between June and Jack (2, 17, 18), among other things.

And, who knows? From all we know, the Scraplets may prove to have a significance later on. And we know that Wheeljack is coming back at some point, so his episode may wind up being more than filler at a later point.

As for the racing episode, well, hey, Knock Out needs some love, right? :P Though, here's hoping if Vince ever shows up again, it'll just be in the background.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: When you think about it, TF: Prime barely has any filler

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm starting to get into this show, missed quite a few episodes. But, man this is good stuff.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: When you think about it, TF: Prime barely has any filler

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:21 pm

Updating with the plots of the final season 1 episodes.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion