Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The humans

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

The humans

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:39 pm

Ok, generally people have very low opinions of the humans of Transformers, but why? SOme of them are annoying like *Shivers* Kicker....
but some are awesome! So I'm going to give my opinions on them! (main characters only, none from seasons 3 and four of G1)

G1 Seasons 1 and 2
Spike - Usefullness: For season one he was helpful in showing the Transformers how to adjust to life on Earth, but then he served no purpose in season 2. Annoying: Sometimes.
Sparkplug - pretty much the same as Spike, except he helps repair them and is slightly less annoying
Daniel - I've only seen him in TFTM, but I'd say he was pretty useful there. He spotted the Decepticons on the Autobot ship, and saved Spike and several Autobots from destruction inside Unicron. Annoying: Sometimes
RID
Koji - He's pretty essential in finding his Dad, and later Fortress Maximus. Very useful! Annoying: Only his short shorts.
Koji's dad - Extremely useful, but not worth the effort trying to rescue him. Annoying: Yes
Armada (sigh, here we go)
Rad - Really the only thing useful he did was find Highwire. That's a pretty big deal, but after that he's not too useful. Annoying: occasionally
Carlos - Not too useful, but he does help get a few minicons. Annoying: yes
Alexis - Turns Starscream away from Galvatron, eventually causing Galvatron to side with the Autobots... Very useful! Annoying: yes
Fred - not useful whatsoever. Annoying: Yes
Billy - Not useful whatsoever. Annoying: Not really
Energon
Kicker - Useful for finding Energon, and pretty helpful in battle. Annoying: EXTREMELY
Dr Jones - Useful for all his ideas, inventions, etc... Annoying: Nope
Cybertron
Coby - Useful in fixing transformers, finding the Omega Lock, helping hotshot in the race, and even helping battle inside Coby-bot. Anooying: Nope
Lori - Useful in keeping Scourge in line, finding Omega Lock, and helping the Autobots on several occasions (ex. when she and Wing Saber took down Thunderblast) Annoying: Nope
Bud - Useful in being the connection to Vector Prime, helping turn Scourge good, as well as many other things, and comic relief. Annoying: Nope
Animated
Sari - She's only useful because of here key, until she gets upgraded, then she's actually a help. Annoying: Yes
Sari's Dad - very useful... to the Decepticons. Annoying: Yes

I've chosen not to do Prime, as it's not even done with the first season, so that would be an unfair judgement.
Overall stats:
Most Useful Humans: Cybertron
Most Annoying Humans: Animated
Best Humans: Cybertron
Worst Humans: Energon
Wing Saber

Re: The humans

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:49 pm

Before I give my thoughts, I gotta give some comments. :smile:

Wing Saber wrote:Spike - Usefullness: For season one he was helpful in showing the Transformers how to adjust to life on Earth, but then he served no purpose in season 2. Annoying: Sometimes.
Sparkplug - pretty much the same as Spike, except he helps repair them and is slightly less annoying
What about Carly and Chip?

Wing Saber wrote:Daniel - I've only seen him in TFTM, but I'd say he was pretty useful there. He spotted the Decepticons on the Autobot ship, and saved Spike and several Autobots from destruction inside Unicron. Annoying: Sometimes
Just wait till season 3. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:RID
Koji - He's pretty essential in finding his Dad, and later Fortress Maximus. Very useful! Annoying: Only his short shorts.
I think what mainly turns people off with Koji is his odd-sounding voice and his crazy giant hairdo. :P

Wing Saber wrote:Koji's dad - Extremely useful, but not worth the effort trying to rescue him. Annoying: Yes
How's he annoying?

Wing Saber wrote:Armada (sigh, here we go)
Rad - Really the only thing useful he did was find Highwire. That's a pretty big deal, but after that he's not too useful. Annoying: occasionally
Carlos - Not too useful, but he does help get a few minicons. Annoying: yes
Alexis - Turns Starscream away from Galvatron, eventually causing Galvatron to side with the Autobots... Very useful! Annoying: yes
Fred - not useful whatsoever. Annoying: Yes
Billy - Not useful whatsoever. Annoying: Not really
With Rad, like Koji, many do not like his voice. Especially his opening narration in which he has the urge to tell us about the TRAAAAAAASFOOOORMERS! Like the Autobots, "the good guys" and the Decepticons, "a bunch of mean bullies!" :lol:
Carlos - "Holy Frijoles!" 'Nuff said. ;)
Alexis - many were turned off by her attitude and how she seemed to have a "crush" on Starscream. BLEH!
Billy and Fred were seen as "a poor-man's Bulk and Skull", and Billy was a bit of a jerk then a doofus.

Wing Saber wrote:Energon
Kicker - Useful for finding Energon, and pretty helpful in battle. Annoying: EXTREMELY
Word.

Wing Saber wrote:Dr Jones - Useful for all his ideas, inventions, etc... Annoying: Nope
:o "Nope"? :shock: "NOPE"?! The guy was constantly laughing at things that weren't funny, ignoring his own son's resentment of him, and acted like a big joke throughout the whole show. I'm surprised he was given so much credit for all we were told about him, cuz he seemed more like a loony twit.

Also, no Misha, Sally, or Miranda?

Wing Saber wrote:Cybertron
Coby - Useful in fixing transformers, finding the Omega Lock, helping hotshot in the race, and even helping battle inside Coby-bot. Anooying: Nope
Lori - Useful in keeping Scourge in line, finding Omega Lock, and helping the Autobots on several occasions (ex. when she and Wing Saber took down Thunderblast) Annoying: Nope
Bud - Useful in being the connection to Vector Prime, helping turn Scourge good, as well as many other things, and comic relief. Annoying: Nope
Okay, while a big step up from the previous two series' humans, these three are not without faults. Like Koji and Rad, Coby's got that pre-puberty voice that seriously needs to crack. Lori's got an bigger attitude than Alexis. And Bud just won't quit yapping about sci-fi that no one's ever heard of or even likes (seriously, "Galactic Guardians"? :roll: ). All three of these traits were really off-putting with the fans and that's why these three get a lot of falk in the fandom. :|

Wing Saber wrote:Animated
Sari - She's only useful because of here key, until she gets upgraded, then she's actually a help. Annoying: Yes
While she was a little annoying as a kid, she was still the most realistic human sidekick we ever got before Prime. She acted her age, but was smart, witty, and helpful at adjusting the Autobots to Earth culture.

Then when she got aged to a teen, she kicked major tail! She almost KILLED Bumblebee and held her own against Soundwave! Hard... core! 8-)

Wing Saber wrote:Sari's Dad - very useful... to the Decepticons. Annoying: Yes
Like Dr. Onishi, what's annoying about Sumdac? He acted like how a loving father and absent-minded scientist are supposed to act. He wasn't very socially bright, but that's part of his charm. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:I've chosen not to do Prime, as it's not even done with the first season, so that would be an unfair judgement.
Agreed. Though, I will say that, as of now, Raf is a good character, Miko is not bad and improving, June's okay, and both Jack and Fowler are AWESOME.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:What about Carly and Chip?

Well, they were just.... there. They didn't really do anything (well chip did on a few occasions).
Sabrblade wrote:Before I give my thoughts, I gotta give some comments. :smile:

Wing Saber wrote:How's he annoying?

I just personally found him annoying, I don't know what it is
Sabrblade wrote: :o "Nope"? :shock: "NOPE"?! The guy was constantly laughing at things that weren't funny, ignoring his own son's resentment of him, and acted like a big joke throughout the whole show. I'm surprised he was given so much credit for all we were told about him, cuz he seemed more like a loony twit.

I personally liked him. A little bit of comic releif. I'll admit, he was annoying in some episodes, but not often. It's better than Dr. Onishi, who shows no emotion, even when his son's inside a giant robot.
Sabrblade wrote:Also, no Misha, Sally, or Miranda?

I give the same reasons I did for Carly and Chip
Sabrblade wrote:Okay, while a big step up from the previous two series' humans, these three are not without faults. Like Koji and Rad, Coby's got that pre-puberty voice that seriously needs to crack. Lori's got an bigger attitude than Alexis. And Bud just won't quit yapping about sci-fi that no one's ever heard of or even likes (seriously, "Galactic Guardians"? :roll: ). All three of these traits were really off-putting with the fans and that's why these three get a lot of falk in the fandom. :|

Meh, I don't really focus on the voices like that for cartoons, unless it's ridiculous. Besides, Bieber's older than him (I think) and has a higher voice, and he's not a cartoon.
The difference is, Lori used that to take down some Cons, like Scourge on several occasions and Thunderblast
And Bud's just too awesome for criticism ;)
Sabrblade wrote:Like Dr. Onishi, what's annoying about Sumdac? He acted like how a loving father and absent-minded scientist are supposed to act. He wasn't very socially bright, but that's part of his charm. ;)

There's just something about his presonality that irritates me... I can't put my finger on it though
Sabrblade wrote:Though, I will say that, as of now, Raf is a good character, Miko is not bad and improving, June's okay, and both Jack and Fowler are AWESOME.
I guess I'll give my as-of-right-now reveiws of them
Jack - Not too Useful so far, but he's still pretty cool. Annoying: Nope
Miko - Useful in getting the Autobots into bad situations, and SOMETIMES getting them out of it. Also good at taking pictures with her phone. Annoying: Yes
Raf - Very useful at hacking/other computer stuff. Annoying: Nope
Fowler - VERY useful in so many ways. Annoying: no
speaking of government agents, I forgot Colonel Franklin
Colonel Franklin - very, very useful! Annoying: Nope!
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm

i wanna bring up a missing flaw in that sari is technicaly not human
ironrod prime

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion