Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Disappointment

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Disappointment

Postby Wing Saber » Tue May 04, 2010 8:07 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:doomstone? Ravenus?
I figured that would catch your attention. ;)

The Doomstone was kinda like Nemesis Prime's answer to Optimus's Matrix. It was a crystal that used to be stored inside his chest, as he went around destroying planets. But, it was later transferred into Ravenus. Ravenus was an Autobot who had become addicted to the Powerlinx energy of Mini-Cons, and had been captured, mutated, and warped into another minion of Unicron.

The Doomstone's dark energies were used to force Mini-Cons to Powerlinx with larger transformers that served Unicron (in this case, Ravenus), in a plan to release its energies into the Linkage. The Linkage is like the Mini-Cons' equivalent of the Allspark/Matrix from Beast Machines. It is a dimension formed by minds and souls of all Mini-Cons who are free from Unicron's control. But once the Doomstone's energies were to make contact with it, all free Mini-Con's would have their minds destroyed and return them to being zombified, destructive, minions of Unicron.

Fortunately, Ravenus was cured and the Doomstone removed from his body. He later joined the free Mini-Cons, who were now empowered by the Master Key, in the battle against Unicron and his evil Mini-Cons.

All these events took place within the manga (Japanese comic) that accompanied the Armada/Micron Densetsu cartoon, which was also called "Linkage". It answers a lot questions the show didn't answer (like, why all the Mini-Cons start glowing green and power up near the beginning of the Unicron battles, and why Scavenger's Mini-Con, Rollbar, was barely ever seen).

very confusing.....

because i dont know what half the stuff your talking about is. like the master key and linkage. and why did all the minicons glow green and power up and why was Rollbar barely ever seen?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 am

Wing Saber wrote:because i dont know what half the stuff your talking about is. like the master key and linkage. and why did all the minicons glow green and power up and why was Rollbar barely ever seen?
You can read the comic here to find out what all happens in the story. It's not that long, there are 13 chapters that are each 3 or 4 pages long.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue May 04, 2010 6:16 pm

just finished reading it... now i get it! :D
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Wing Saber wrote:just finished reading it... now i get it! :D

Cool story, huh? One of the finer parts of Armada, IMO.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed May 05, 2010 8:02 am

yeah, cool story. I like how it involves itself with the show. I like those comics. not the ones that follow the show or create a different story line than he show, but they line go with the same story line, yet follow the same story line. you know what i mean?
Wing Saber

Postby Camaroguy10 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:45 pm

I think Animated has juvenile toys and storyline. I just didn't like it. Please don't be offended if you do like it, I'm just sharing my opinion! ;)
Camaroguy10

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu May 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Camaroguy10 wrote:I think Animated has juvenile toys and storyline. I just didn't like it. Please don't be offended if you do like it, I'm just sharing my opinion! ;)

It's cool, dude. We're all just here to voice our opinions. As long as you are respectful and polite, you can voice your opinion all you want.
TriPredRavage

Postby Wing Saber » Thu May 20, 2010 8:32 pm

Camaroguy10 wrote:I think Animated has juvenile toys and storyline. I just didn't like it. Please don't be offended if you do like it, I'm just sharing my opinion! ;)

finally some1 who agrees with me!!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm not offended (or at least, not "severly" :lol: ), but I must refute some claims.

In regards to the toys and storyline:
Sabrblade wrote:The character models and the toys were almost exactly identical. This case of nearly-absolute "show-accuracy = toy-accuracy" is pure gold. Sure it also occured in the Cybertron series, but with animation models this unique and unordinary, it must have been a challenge to the designers to come up with ways to match up both animation and figure so perfectly. And the fact that they were successful at this is simply an amazing feat.

Not to mention that, despite its outwardly childish appearance, there lying beneath the surface was a serious (and, at times, dark) show. Anyone could pull off something that kids could enjoy. Same goes for adult shows. But to make the plot enjoyable for both kids and adults is simply fantastic. It wasn't too happy-go-lucky, nor was too to gritty and brooding. There were times where it was light and comedic (Wreck-Gar's debut), and times where it wore a serious face (Lockdown's debut, Sari's origin, Blackarachnia's and Wasp's misfortunes). It even kept a realistic feeling to it at times (the illegal street races) while still retaining a slight sci-fi appeal (Soundwave's VR world).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby DocWho » Wed May 26, 2010 9:41 am

Yes, because stories like The Thrill of the Hunt, that delves into the past of a character in a mature way by showing the horrors of war was incredibly juvenile.

Or how about the character arcs of each individual Autobot? Each one had a deep and complex backstory, which was far more detailed than any TF cartoon before it. Juvenile indeed.

Listen dude, I get the hate for the designs, I really do. But actually watch the show before hating on the storyline.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion