Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Disappointment

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Disappointment

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Long time since I've been on this thread...

Anywho, Upon my first watching of the show, I was horrified. I hated it. It had some good episodes, but most of them were crap. All this was stated in previous posts in this thread

But then, several years later, the Hub re-aired it!! This is a wonderful show! If you can get past the awful designs and the kiddie elements, you dive into an intense, deep, and sometimes tragic storyline. You find well thought out histories for each character. You find a unique storline... This is the only Transformers show to take place years after the war, with Megatron trying to get revenge, it's the only one where Optimus Prime is not the supreme commander. It is a wonderful show, I highly reccomend all you who agreed with me on it's terribleness before to reconsider as I have!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Holy necrobump, Batman! :shock:

Wing Saber wrote:Words
Wow. Just... wow. :o That was beautiful.

And now, if you want more of the cartoon's world's story and history, you should definitely get the following:There might be more, but that's all I can think of for the moment.

There are also some issues of the Official Transformers Collectors Club magazine that contain additional "Almanac Addendum" entries, but those may be a bit more pricey.

You know, it's kinda funny. You and I both recently did some heel-face turns on some series that we each didn't really like before while the other guy did. You didn't really like Animated, while I did, and I didn't really like Armada, while you did. Then, you give Animated another chance and wind up loving it, and I read the Armada comic series and wind up loving it. Totally did not see that one coming. :lol:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:15 am

@ Wing Saber: In the words of Prime Knock Out (when Optimus is being rebranded as a Decepticon) *grinning* "Welcome to the winning team."

EDIT: Also, notice that my avatar icon is STILL a homebrewed 3d animated Megatron! The only Megatron that comes close to being as entertaining as Animated Megatron is Prime Megs.... although WFC and FOC Megatron isn't too far behind Prime's.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:20 am

cyberwuss wrote:The only Megatron that comes close to being as entertaining as Animated Megatron is Prime Megs.... although WFC and FOC Megatron isn't too far behind Prime's.
What about the Sean Connery-esque Beast Era Megatron?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:26 am

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:The only Megatron that comes close to being as entertaining as Animated Megatron is Prime Megs.... although WFC and FOC Megatron isn't too far behind Prime's.

*FACEPALM* I still haven't finished the series yet... been tied up with other things even though I have the full dvd set. I'm about to the part where Starscream's Ghost comes back intime to them and it ties together with G1... and that is about where I left off with this show when it originally aired on YTV. I'll have to get my DVDs out and see exactly where I left off. Been trying to understand stuff like Headmasters new subs and reading the WFC novels and Prime so much that I backburnered BW :< so sorry for my uninformed post BUT: From earlier arguments we had around the time of the Hall of Fame character vote in, it was made evident that Beast Wars Megatron is not intended to be the same character as the other Megatrons!!!!!!! So he doesn't count in my ranking anyhow! It would be like saying G2 Optimus Prime is the best Bumblebee!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:36 am

cyberwuss wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

*FACEPALM* I still haven't finished the series yet... been tied up with other things even though I have the full dvd set. I'm about to the part where Starscream's Ghost comes back intime to them and it ties together with G1... and that is about where I left off with this show when it originally aired on YTV. I'll have to get my DVDs out and see exactly where I left off. Been trying to understand stuff like Headmasters new subs and reading the WFC novels and Prime so much that I backburnered BW :< so sorry for my uninformed post BUT: From earlier arguments we had around the time of the Hall of Fame character vote in, it was made evident that Beast Wars Megatron is not intended to be the same character as the other Megatrons!!!!!!! So he doesn't count in my ranking anyhow! It would be like saying G2 Optimus Prime is the best Bumblebee!
None of the many Megatrons are the same character. A Megatron's a Megatron. They just all have the same role, with Beast Megatron having a similar but different role hence his uniqueness. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:39 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Words

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:None of the many Megatrons are the same character. A Megatron's a Megatron. They just all have the same role, with Beast Megatron having a similar but different role hence his uniqueness. ;)

Having seen every English episode of Transformers, this is my Megatron ranking (Included Movies and WFC, as well as included G1 Galvatron since he's so different from his Megatron form)

1. Beast Wars Megatron
2. Animated Megatron
3. Cybertron Megatron
4. Beast Machines Megatron
5. Prime Megatron
6. WFC Megatron
7. Bay Megatron
8. G1 Galvatron
9. Armada Megatron
10. G1 Megatron
11. RID Megatron
12. Energon Megatron
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:34 pm

So Wing, now you you like it, what are some of your favorites about the series? Characters? Episodes? Moments? Etc.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:29 am

Sabrblade wrote:So Wing, now you you like it, what are some of your favorites about the series? Characters? Episodes? Moments? Etc.

I'll give my top 5 for each (Up to a Bridge Too Close Part 1, as that's as far as I've gotten),

Top five characters (in no order)
Prowl
Ultra Magnus
Jazz
Megatron
Soundwave

Top 5 Episodes (In no order)
Blast From The Past
Sound And Fury
Lost and Found
Megatron Rising Part 1
Mission Accomplished

As for moments, not sure if these are the tops, but here are some of my favorites

(The line Optimus says)

These last two have got two be my all time favorites for these two seasons

Wing Saber

Postby DefCon13 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:15 am

Saberblade is right ..A Megatron is a Megatron and an Optimus is an Optimus for the most part....When it comes down to it - 4 primary personas are present in every TF Cartoon I remember.... Optimus and Megatron are more of a set of values than a particular character...Starscream and Bumblebee also have a character in their likeness in every Transformers cartoon although some have taken Scream's likeness closer to heroism and nobility ,while other series nudged the Bumblebee persona towards darkness and rebelliousness. This is tendency of keeping a grey area is what I believe made Beast Wars/Beast Machines stand out so much and currently keeps TF Prime interesting...The dark tone of the 2 (North America aired) Beast series in general was a breath of fresh air from pure heroism and pure villainy... In the opinions of quite a few people I have talked Transformers Cartoons with it made BW & BM better than G1 to them...TF Prime is working a pretty successful formula although it has been on an episode to episode basis as opposed to being a darker overall series...Season 2 has been more serious than season 1 so I am pleased with the general direction it is going ....I am slightly let down since the pilot episode because TF Prime has not satisfied my blood lust for TF deaths ..I let expectations get out of hand after watching Starscream drain Cliffjumper's energon with his bare hands...
DefCon13

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion