Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Disappointment

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Disappointment

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:41 pm

Wing Saber wrote:as for megatron, they stretched out the head thing WAY too long. it wouldve been fine if it was only a couple episodes, but they made him like that for half the show.
How does 13/42 = 1/2?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:38 pm

i thaut that megatron as a head worked quite well. we get to find out in this furst ark how much of a compitant thret he is and how he is a master manipulater. after all, what other show can boast that the most memerable enemy is a head that has astounding cunning and the inteligence to manipulate one of earth's gratest scientists in to rebuilding him. the fact that he was able to gather the cons with just the prospect of his return is kind of fritning when you consider it. as for optimus, it's fantastic how we see him grow from being a simple enginear in to a savier of the cybertronian rase. he grew and we were able to observe him changing. as for sentinal ... well he is a pompus jerk but this gives another element for optimus to play from. we see how even though sentinal gained optimus expoltion he did not harber resentment towards him, however he still managed to be wound up. any other optimus would not have been provoked. as for the human's i disliked most of them but it proved that dhe cons were in the background and gave us a shock when they turned up and gave them some depth ascompitant threts. every part of the series gave a nod to other series as well as making social statements about ourselves and promoting equality. as well as making us awair of our own folts and insacurities
lioconvoy

Postby DocWho » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Wing Saber wrote:yeah,i know the kids from the unicron trilogy were annoying, and yes i watched most of it. there were only 2 episodes i didnt see, Transwarped parts 1 and 2. and as for starscream, i personally didnt like this one, or even the G1 starscream. I really enjoyed Armada Starscream, but thats really the only starscream ive ever liked. as for megatron, they stretched out the head thing WAY too long. it wouldve been fine if it was only a couple episodes, but they made him like that for half the show.

I don't blame you for not liking G1 Starscream, but he's nothing like Animated Starscream. Animated Starscream was three-dimensional character who actually did something. AEC Starscream took 3 TV SHOWS TO DO ANYTHING. Animated Starscream nearly killed Megatron in the first episode, and actually had the last laugh in the finale after his death! There's honestly no comparison, AEC Starscream was both underdeveloped and a simple plot device as opposed to an actual character.

You're forgetting something. Having Megatron instantly get healed negates the point the writers were making: Megatron is a genuine threat. Unlike in AEC, where it was like Pokemon: The Autobots are looking for plot device X, Megatron and crew show up, the Autobots trounce them, and they go blasting off again. Literally. The Decepticons in Cybertron actually did that. Whereas in Animated, the Autobots actually had trouble with Decepticons, and it took all five of them to beat one! Therefore, the entire first season built up to the return of Megatron, which was a genuine "Oh crap!" moment, which the Unicron trilogy lacked, except occasionally to show off the newest toy.

I...I just don't know why someone would be arguing that the Unicron Trilogy is better than Animated. It honestly eludes me.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:19 pm

see, the thing with AEC Starscream, in armada he fought megatron many times, then quit the decepticons, then came back planning to overthrow him, the fought him and died shooting at unicron. energon, his memory is erased, so its like a whole new starscream, hes loyal, and it sucks. cybertron starscream was just annoying, and kept getting bigger.
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:43 am

i agree with you wingsaber that g1 starscream wasn't that grate but he did start the entire consept of the trater in our midtst thing. animated starscream was a grate caricter though. he near enough killed off megatron within the furst 10 minits and i must say he was much mor of a thret than any previous screamer before him. as for the unicron starscreeam, i liked him in armarda as he gave us something diferent. he was devoted to the desepticon cause and in the end, he proved this, as well as his willingness to fight no matter the cause. as for energon and cybertron, i don't consider him starscream. he is no longer a caricter but a plot point and is then dropped when primus became central
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Sabrblade, referring to what you said about megatron rebuilding demolishor and erasing all his memory in Energon, your wrong. he didnt erase his memory. in the first episode where demolishor goes into battle with his new armor, he says to snowcat: this reminds me of the good ol' days!
then snowcat replies: you remember the good ol' days? i thought megatron erased your memory when he rebuilt you!
Demolishor: i thougt he erased yours!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Sabrblade, referring to what you said about megatron rebuilding demolishor and erasing all his memory in Energon, your wrong. he didnt erase his memory. in the first episode where demolishor goes into battle with his new armor, he says to snowcat: this reminds me of the good ol' days!
then snowcat replies: you remember the good ol' days? i thought megatron erased your memory when he rebuilt you!
Demolishor: i thougt he erased yours!
And that is just one good example of Energon being a hacked-up butchered version of the original story, Super Link.
TFWiki.net wrote:After Demolishor and Snowcat launch their attack, they have a somewhat disjointed conversation. The point of it is supposed to be that Demolishor no longer cares about the Autobots and their human friends; Snowcat concludes that Megatron erased his memory. Demolishor doesn't know what he's talking about, and carries on. The dub removes the mention of Demolishor's concern for the others, and instead has him just saying that "this reminds me of the old days!" When Cyclonus replies that "You remember the old days? I thought Megatron erased your memory!", Demolishor very randomly replies "I thought [Megatron] erased your memory!"
While Super Link was kind of an off series to being with, the English dub of Energon was even worse. Demolishor is supposed to have had his memories wiped so he wouldn't care about any of his previous Autobot and human allies, but the dub completely messed that up.

I'm currently trying to watch Super Link to compare it to Energon. What I've seen so far of it is not too different from Energon, except for the major notion of it making more sense than Energon.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:36 pm

ok, i read some of your long post sabrblade, and here is one thing u got wrong:
Rodimus and Optimus Prime's ideological feud over whether Unicron should be destroyed? Rodimus puts himself under Optimus's command for the mission to defeat Galvatron, and the argument never comes up again.

i forget when, but Rodimus says at some point: Optimus is the one that made me relize how dangerous unicron is, and that he has to be stopped.
those arent the exact words but theyre the closest i can remember.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Wing Saber wrote:ok, i read some of your long post sabrblade, and here is one thing u got wrong:
Rodimus and Optimus Prime's ideological feud over whether Unicron should be destroyed? Rodimus puts himself under Optimus's command for the mission to defeat Galvatron, and the argument never comes up again.

i forget when, but Rodimus says at some point: Optimus is the one that made me relize how dangerous unicron is, and that he has to be stopped.
those arent the exact words but theyre the closest i can remember.
See, here's the thing. This realization was never shown being made to him by Optimus. In the original, Rodimus remarks of how selfish he was in the past wishing to revive Unicron and how now Rodimus no longer feels this way, wanting now to stop Unicron as he "tramples on the peace of people... devours dreams... He cannot be forgiven!"

It is not because Optimus showed him the error of his ways that he had a change of mind, but because he saw the terror of Unicron through his own eyes that he regretted believing that reviving Unicron was the right thing to do. The two leaders were butting heads over what to do about Unicron before, but their argument is never shown to be resolved between the two.

And so, the line about Optimus showing him the light is nothing more than a dub error because it was not Optimus who revealed Unicron's true nature to Rodimus. Rodimus found out for himself through experience without Optimus pointing out stuff out to Rodimus.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm

true, but it might of explained this in an episode that was never aired in the english version known as "Return to us, Skorponok"
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion