Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Disappointment

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Disappointment

Postby lioconvoy » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:37 pm

wingsaber

if you are speaking of the episode when we find out that scorponoc's spark is that of a roag desepticon soldier and was reprogramed as that of the protecter of planet q the argument about op and rodimus is not mentioned or resolved. the episode is almost entirely consisting of contriversial matters such as whether scorponoc could be considered the reel protecter or whether he is actually a clone or little mor than a drown.
although the episode was not aired over hear, this is because of the contriversy and whether children over hear would understand the issues being conveyed and also whether this would fit in to political correctness.

it is a shaim the episode was not dubbed but for different reasons than answering questions
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:36 pm

Wing Saber wrote:true, but it might of explained this in an episode that was never aired in the english version known as "Return to us, Skorponok"
As Lioconvoy pointed out, it didn't.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:32 pm

ohh ok.
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:40 am

i have not read any of the comics of energon so perhaps the issue was resolved in another media? or mor than likely, they have decided to leave it out.
if this is the case, then op and rodimus would make poor leaders with that kind of logic. after all, in the series, rodimus seemed like the kind of leader that wouldn't take slag and he is also a convoy even if not stated in the energon dub.

hmm perhaps we could blame the unicron singularity lol.
although this does not work for me.
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:59 am

lioconvoy wrote:i have not read any of the comics of energon so perhaps the issue was resolved in another media? or mor than likely, they have decided to leave it out.
if this is the case, then op and rodimus would make poor leaders with that kind of logic. after all, in the series, rodimus seemed like the kind of leader that wouldn't take slag and he is also a convoy even if not stated in the energon dub.

hmm perhaps we could blame the unicron singularity lol.
although this does not work for me.
What happens in the comic has nothing to do with the cartoon. Super Link was one of the worst quality Transformers TV series, and Energon was an more messed up version. Not all of its mistakes can be rationalized other than them resulting from poor storytelling and poor production.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:44 pm

it would not be the furst time and it wont be the last time we are expected to forget about an issue raised by bad dubbing or plot intermingaling.
personally i was displeased that we didn't findout the name of the fourth maximus brother and the fact it seemed to be another superion maximus. that's lazy plot line rite there.
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 pm

Animated also had unresolved conflicts. for example, Blackaracnia and Optimus, or Sentinal and optimus.
Wing Saber

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:33 pm

verry true wingsaber. such op or sp and arachnia, waspinater, does ultra magnus survive, but we might findout in the allspark alminac number two.
in all honesty, i think we will find issues in any tf series if we look for them.
personally, i liked the unicron tryligy but i did like animated better. it took some getting in to but i did love it.
although for me, supergod master force or bwii or bw neo are the best.
we all have our own oppinions on everything and if we all pick falt in everything we wouldn't get anyware.

i can see that animated is the best in terms of plot and sound track but armarda, energon and cybertron had there moments.
amusingly, i found wingsaber in cybertron to be my fave caricter but some of the confusion could have been avoided
lioconvoy

Postby lioconvoy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:49 pm

before the retcon with galaxy force in to the tryligy, the new continuity was ok with me, but after retconning it, what was the excuse for the lack of mini-cons and combination sparks that were the atention grabbers in the previous two series.

also, what was the point in superlinking as it never seemed to give the linked autobots aditional firepower or strength.
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:20 pm

i found wingsaber in cybertron to be my fave caricter but some of the confusion could have been avoided

speaking of this, is he the same as Energon wingsaber?
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion