Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

DVD Releases: Paying Extra For An (English) Japanese Series?

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: DVD Releases: Paying Extra For An (English) Japanese Ser

Postby skywarp408 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
skywarp408 wrote:Most likely I have a combination of the two companies.
DVD set images here and here.

Thanks Sabrblade, but i downloaded them so it doesn't do much good. No worries.
skywarp408

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:00 am

Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:Huh, I didn't know all the reshuffling that was done.
"Reshuffling"?

I meant with the character names and personalities.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:19 am

CYLON (13) wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
CYLON (13) wrote:Huh, I didn't know all the reshuffling that was done.
"Reshuffling"?

I meant with the character names and personalities.
Technically, they didn't change many personalities. What they did mostly was create entirely new characters from the same toys as the American characters.

Plus, with Masterforce, most of its characters were humans rather than Cybertronians.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby DefCon13 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:25 pm

I would leave it at 60 but if they landed Peter Cullen ,Frank Welker ,Corey Burton & somehow got the best actors from the other TV shows that aired in the US then I could ante up a bit higher...Dialogue would be of course- constrained to fit within the events taking place ... the main characters would validate it enough for me ..I do afterall watch transformers prime in large part due to Cullen /Welker & the guys who I thought were the best among the post - G1 voice actors- Steve Blum, David Kaye & Tony Todd .... Gina Torres is doing a mighty fine job with Airachnid's voice & Sumalee Montano is solid as Arcee....Those names would sell me on Headmasters English redubbing ....
DefCon13

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:43 am

DefCon13 wrote:I would leave it at 60 but if they landed Peter Cullen ,Frank Welker ,Corey Burton & somehow got the best actors from the other TV shows that aired in the US then I could ante up a bit higher...Dialogue would be of course- constrained to fit within the events taking place ... the main characters would validate it enough for me ..I do afterall watch transformers prime in large part due to Cullen /Welker & the guys who I thought were the best among the post - G1 voice actors- Steve Blum, David Kaye & Tony Todd .... Gina Torres is doing a mighty fine job with Airachnid's voice & Sumalee Montano is solid as Arcee....Those names would sell me on Headmasters English redubbing ....
Peter Cullen would be a bit wasted since Optimus is only around for three episodes before he "gets whacked" again .

And like I said, doing a full redub of the series wouldn't be profitable for Hasbro.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:36 am

agreed if an english redub was done only the g1 and maybe the hardcore fans would buy it although i would buy it as well
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:56 am

ironrod prime wrote:agreed if an english redub was done only the g1 and maybe the hardcore fans would buy it although i would buy it as well
It's not that. It's that producing a new dub would be too expensive in and of itself.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:agreed if an english redub was done only the g1 and maybe the hardcore fans would buy it although i would buy it as well
It's not that. It's that producing a new dub would be too expensive in and of itself.

even if it was a direct to video release
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:29 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

even if it was a direct to video release
Yes. Since it wouldn't be airing on TV (as there's no real wide enough market for it to air to in this day and age), they wouldn't be making enough money in just DVD sales alone to warrant a full dub.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion