Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

What frustrated me most about G1

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: What frustrated me most about G1

Postby cyberwuss » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:- introduced alot of mythology around the matrix and the position of prime as a title and not a name, stuff like primus, and such became alot more tied in and popular in later reiterations of Transformers, so it made the history of Cybertron and its mythological artifacts more popular.
None of that had anything to do with the movie. Primus wasn't thought up until at least a year after the movie came out. There was never any Primus in the G1 cartoon. The Quintessons made them in that version.

cyberwuss wrote:- eliminated the whole nerf battle feeling of cartoons back then, honestly even more serious cartoons played out like the road runner from loony toons where wiley coyote would be run over by trains 100000x times by the end of the series and still be fine at the end, it gave kids cartoons that actually showed consequence instead of showing that they could just fight all day without getting hurt.
And right after the movie, the show went right back to the way it was, making sure there was zero consequence of death just like before the movie. :P

cyberwuss wrote:Anyway, I will try to...
The rest of the post is off topic.

I never specifically said Primus was in G1 movie, I know I had sort of a runtogether of ideas there, but my point was that the Matrix in G1 cartoon inspired the creation of more mythology and Cybertronian artifacts, making the Cybertron lore deeper. Again, which is why I said "in later iterations" it was not meant to be implied that it was originally in G1, just that it was inspired by G1, with the entire story of Unicron being destroyed by a mysterious force from the MoL much like the Ark of the Covenant in Raiders of the Lost Ark, implying a greater force behind the Matrix not specifically named as Primus in original G1 stuff, but implied to be that in later media.

They mostly went back to nerf mode, I think because of reaction to OP death.

On the off topic stuff... sorry I was just talking about G1 in general and wanted to post that VERY unnerfed old kids read along book from G1 media.

Megatron sounds like a mix between WfC and BW Megs, Decepticons actually kill humans and succeed more often, and the fact that Skyfire was named Skyfire was pretty neat.

Sure it isn't in the G1 Cartoon itself, but I was just showing the stuff like it should be included in G1.

Also, that thing at the end "And the battle continues..." love that :p

If you want you can move it to a relevant thread or new relevant one though. I mostly figured people coming to a TF history and fan site wouldn't mind seeing it, but probly is off topic for this thread :D

EDIT: moved it to books section.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:51 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I never specifically said Primus was in G1 movie, I know I had sort of a runtogether of ideas there, but my point was that the Matrix in G1 cartoon inspired the creation of more mythology and Cybertronian artifacts, making the Cybertron lore deeper.
While true, technically, the Matrix existed in before the Movie was made. Its first debut was in Issue #5 of the Marvel G1 comic series as the "Creation Matrix". The movie borrowed the idea of the Matrix as a symbol of leadership and power (but not its original purpose as a life-giving program) from the comics. ;)

cyberwuss wrote:They mostly went back to nerf mode, I think because of reaction to OP death.
More like because movies can take greater risks than TV shows can, which is also how they allowed swearing in the film but not in the show. Films simply have more freedoms in what they're able to do than TV shows have. :smile:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 am

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I never specifically said Primus was in G1 movie, I know I had sort of a runtogether of ideas there, but my point was that the Matrix in G1 cartoon inspired the creation of more mythology and Cybertronian artifacts, making the Cybertron lore deeper.
While true, technically, the Matrix existed in before the Movie was made. Its first debut was in Issue #5 of the Marvel G1 comic series as the "Creation Matrix". The movie borrowed the idea of the Matrix as a symbol of leadership and power (but not its original purpose as a life-giving program) from the comics. ;)

cyberwuss wrote:They mostly went back to nerf mode, I think because of reaction to OP death.
More like because movies can take greater risks than TV shows can, which is also how they allowed swearing in the film but not in the show. Films simply have more freedoms in what they're able to do than TV shows have. :smile:

I blame the FCC :<
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:40 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I blame the FCC :<
Or BSnP. :P

Even [Adult Swim] can't get away with some things. There needs to be a standard of ethics to abide by. Though, things are much more lenient these days than back in the 1980's, but that's how things were back then. I thank Batman: TAS and others for upping the ante of quality children's cartoons. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby jazz204 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:that is their backstory
The fact that Bumblebee is Bumblebee is his backstory? No.

Goldbug is not a new character. Bumblebee is just in a new body with a new name. And Rodimus is just Hot Rod grown up.

After he changed in to Goldbug he got a whole new personalty his motto changed have you noticed
:-( :x

And Hot Rod didn't grow up he justed looked older and he had the matrix so he thought diffrently he did not grow up :twisted:
jazz204

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

jazz204 wrote:After he changed in to Goldbug he got a whole new personalty his motto changed have you noticed
:-( :x
There was no change in his personality, cartoon or comic version. He was still the same happy-go-lucky youngster he always was, and his serious moments were no more serious than his serious moments as Bumblebee had been.

He was even still referred to as "Bumblebee" during the first few moments he was in his new body. He didn't need a new name, but he got one anyway.

jazz204 wrote:And Hot Rod didn't grow up he justed looked older and he had the matrix so he thought diffrently he did not grow up :twisted:
If he didn't grow up, he'd still be acting like a troublesome teenager as Rodimus Prime.

And he thought differently because he had grown into an adult. Adults think differently than youngsters do. this is common knowledge.

What happened to Bumblebee was no different than a person having plastic surgery and getting their legal name changed.

What happened to Hot rod was no different than a person growing up and maturing from an immature youth into a mature adult (only sped up from years to seconds due to the all-powerful magic of the Matrix :P ).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:12 am

in lamens terms think speedy and red arrow
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:08 pm

ironrod prime wrote:in lamens terms think speedy and red arrow

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion