Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

What frustrated me most about G1

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

What frustrated me most about G1

Postby DefCon13 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:42 am

Other than "Season 4" ..... I was most frustrated about why there was little effort to do back stories on Ultra Magnus ,Kup,Hot Rod ,Springer or Arcee neither prior to Transformers The Movie (!986) nor in Season 3..The closest they came was "Chaos" and that was only one of Kup's....Ugh !!! HAHA !! Can you say - dropped the ball ???
DefCon13

Re: What frustrated me most about G1

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:30 am

Yeah, back then, the big thing was to sell toys, so backstories weren't that high a priority. :|

Though,thinking about it, not a whole lot of characters really got much backstory material for themselves either. Just how many did get a backstory in the cartoon besides Optimus and Megatron?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:41 pm

lets see

devistator/constructicons
bruticus/combaticons
omega supreme
superion/arialbots
menasor/stunticons
jetfire
starscream
unicron
metroplex
dinobots
rodimus prime
scourge
cyclonus
galvitron
goldbug
cumputron/technobots

thats all i can think of
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 pm

ironrod prime wrote:rodimus prime
goldbug
Since these guys are Hot Rod and Bumblebee, what are their backstories?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm

that is their backstory
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:56 pm

ironrod prime wrote:that is their backstory
The fact that Bumblebee is Bumblebee is his backstory? No.

Goldbug is not a new character. Bumblebee is just in a new body with a new name. And Rodimus is just Hot Rod grown up.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:06 pm

actualy goldbug is the rebuilt bumblbee and like you said rodimus is hotrod all grown up
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:12 pm

ironrod prime wrote:actualy goldbug is the rebuilt bumblbee and like you said rodimus is hotrod all grown up
They're still the same persons with the same backstories.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:25 pm

not really rodimus prime is the leader of the autobots and goldbug leads the throttlebots

hotrod was a brash, spunky kid
and bumblebee was a lonely scout
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:29 pm

ironrod prime wrote:not really rodimus prime is the leader of the autobots and goldbug leads the throttlebots

hotrod was a brash, spunky kid
and bumblebee was a lonely scout
You were a child once. You're an adult now. You went to school, and now you probably have a job or at least do something different in your life now than you did back then. Doesn't make you a different person than you used to be. They grew up. Just as you and everyone else does.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion