Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Prime Ultra Magnus already seen?

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Prime Ultra Magnus already seen?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:39 pm

cyberwuss wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:if it was magnus then orion would have made a referance to him kinda like how armada starscream made a referance armada thundercracker

Not necessarily... In this series Ultra Magnus is part of an Autobot Black Ops unit... which means his missions are secret... Also Wheeljack didn't know Optimus very well when we were first introduced to him in this series, especially considering that he was untrusting of him and Bulkhead had to vouch for Optimus. Which leads one to believe that Optimus doesn't personally know all the Autobots in the present... and since his memory was wiped to Orion Pax state, he probably never knew about a Black Ops guy back then when he was really Orion Pax.

EDIT: What I mean is... you have to remember that before he became Prime he was an archivist who didn't get out much. From the possibly related TF: Exodus novel we know that he knew Jazz and Alpha Trion when he was an archivist... and met Megatronus/Megatron towards the end of his time as Orion Pax. Most of the other Autobots and Decepticons though were introduced to him well after he became Prime.
Not that I'm agreeing with Ironrod, but Optimus did know Ultra Magnus prior to getting the Matrix. Magnus led many battles with the Wreckers during the war when Optimus was in charge, and both him, the Wreckers, and Cliffjumper all guarded the entrance to the Well of All Sparks while Optimus and co. went underground to purify the Core.

Though, it is true that Optimus didn't know Wheeljack at all until the present day.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Not that I'm agreeing with Ironrod, but Optimus did know Ultra Magnus prior to getting the Matrix. Magnus led many battles with the Wreckers during the war when Optimus was in charge, and both him, the Wreckers, and Cliffjumper all guarded the entrance to the Well of All Sparks while Optimus and co. went underground to purify the Core.

Though, it is true that Optimus didn't know Wheeljack at all until the present day.

Isn't it apparent that The Matrix took more memories than just until he got the Matrix. If it didn't, he would still know about the Autobots and Decepticons, he would still know that he was leader of the Autobots, he would still know that Megatron was his arch enemy, and he would still know that he was Optimus not Orion.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Not that I'm agreeing with Ironrod, but Optimus did know Ultra Magnus prior to getting the Matrix. Magnus led many battles with the Wreckers during the war when Optimus was in charge, and both him, the Wreckers, and Cliffjumper all guarded the entrance to the Well of All Sparks while Optimus and co. went underground to purify the Core.

Isn't it apparent that The Matrix took more memories than just until he got the Matrix. If it didn't, he would still know about the Autobots and Decepticons, he would still know that he was leader of the Autobots, he would still know that Megatron was his arch enemy, and he would still know that he was Optimus not Orion.
Agreed.

Since Magnus had different job before leading the Wreckers, I guess Orion might not have known him yet even then.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:07 pm

I think this is just Optimus Prime in his Cybertronian form, I do see a resemblance, though
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:47 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:I think this is just Optimus Prime in his Cybertronian form, I do see a resemblance, though

All cybertronian forms of this Optimus... none match:

For Comparison, the image:

Ultra Magnus:

Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm

And idea just sprung to mind; What if that image Orion (Optimus' name of that time in that episode) sees on there is in fact a premonition of Optimus Prime Beast Hunter mold? :)

Let's see....

Yeah, there are some similarites here. Who knows. It could be Ultra Magnus anyway.
Attachments
Dr3sW.jpg
Prime Ultra Magnus.jpg
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:19 pm

Unicron fan wrote:And idea just sprung to mind; What if that image Orion (Optimus' name of that time in that episode) sees on there is in fact a premonition of Optimus Prime Beast Hunter mold? :)

Let's see....

Yeah, there are some similarites here. Who knows. It could be Ultra Magnus anyway.
Well, now that TFWiki has it confirmed, it's Magnus.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:28 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:And idea just sprung to mind; What if that image Orion (Optimus' name of that time in that episode) sees on there is in fact a premonition of Optimus Prime Beast Hunter mold? :)

Let's see....

Well, now that TFWiki has it confirmed, it's Magnus.

Ok, then we got that confirmed. :)
Unicron fan

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Well, now that TFWiki has it confirmed, it's Magnus.

It was on tfwiki before I made this thread
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Well, now that TFWiki has it confirmed, it's Magnus.

It was on tfwiki before I made this thread
Been ages since I looked at that Ultra Magnus TFWiki page. :oops:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion