Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Am I seriously the only one watching this? What gives?

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Am I seriously the only one watching this? What gives?

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:21 pm

Cool.

Though, seeing as how most of the old YouTube uploads I've linked to in the past seem to have gone dead, here's a good playlist with all the episodes - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DAEA788FF84EBA4

Though, note that this playlist has "Walk on the Wild Side" as episode 8 when it's supposed to be episode 6. It's a common error since that episode was originally aired on the Hub out of order so that its first Hub airing could fall on Earth Day.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Here's a link for all the episodes from this site I've been using incase you don't like YouTube quality

http://www.justanimedubbed.tv/watch/transformers-rescue-bots/
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 am

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. One of my computer geek hobbies is actually video editing, so I could likely enhance the youtube ones if I wanted, but that saves time having them already in good shape... the only reason I would enhance them is if hasbro never released DVDs I might make my own.

I'm thinking about doing that with youtube videos of season 3 of animated.

I'm also into 3d graphics, I made my little avatar icon from an animated megatron I put together in free 3d programs.

I mention that because I might take up rescue bots or animated or maybe season 1 of G1 (I've been wanting to do this to G1 season 1 for a while now) and making them into 3d stuff, just using the real show as blueprints.

Like if I see a cool scene in one of the shows, I'll take a still shot, then make a 3d cgi image from that.

I'm not so much into animation as stills, and the difference is that with a still in 3d you can make it almost photorealistic with enough time on it.

The only reason they don't do that alot for animation and movies is because generating a single frame of the movie with a highly realistic still can take ALOT of computing time even on a supercomputer, so that is why 3d movies still look a bit like toy story for the most part.

Simple cartoony things can generate video of what you want about 100 times faster than some of the larger more detailed scenes.

So I am wanting to make a very detailed scene from a cartoon I like, and give it photorealistic justice :p
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby OptimusPhillip » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 pm

I gave the show a shot, watched an episode (the one with Cody's go-kart and the nanobots) and it's not that bad. While I prefer shows like Prime with its dark and edgy stories and its commentary about the ravages of war, I have to say that this is a fun show to watch from time to time
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:39 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:I gave the show a shot, watched an episode (the one with Cody's go-kart and the nanobots) and it's not that bad. While I prefer shows like Prime with its dark and edgy stories and its commentary about the ravages of war, I have to say that this is a fun show to watch from time to time
Thank you for kind words about show. :smile:

What's interesting about that particular episode is that it was written by Bob Forward, one of the two head writers for Beast Wars. 8-)

What's more is that that episode planted the seeds for the four-part mid-season climax story arc that would come a few episodes later.

In a way, this show is pretty much like a Transformers action sitcom. :D

Though, if you plan to check out more of it, I would strongly recommend viewing the episodes in order, as there is an actual narrative that plays out over the course of the season.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion