Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Am I seriously the only one watching this? What gives?

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Am I seriously the only one watching this? What gives?

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm

Honestly, is there no one else on this board who watches and enjoys watching the current Transformers cartoon? I mean, episode after episode goes by with no one but myself talking about it in each episode's news post.

Back when the first two episodes aired as a special sneak peak last December, there were people making such comments as:
ironrod prime wrote:i liked it its like a combination of power rangers, transformers, and rescue heroes
cyberwuss wrote:Ok, just watched those 2 eps and it was better than I expected it would be.

*snip*

So I give it an A+.
perceptor wrote:Wow, it's actually pretty darn good! A Transformers show with Autobots but no Decepticons. How very interesting. The seriousness in (Cullen's) Optimus' voice was surprising. This should be fun!

And only once or twice else did anyone besides me say something in an episode's discussion thread.

I've even gone back and fixed all the video embeds for each episode thread to include HD uploads of each episode (minus two, which are in normal SD instead).

Why is it that this series is being so heavily missed out on when it is superbly better than anyone ever expected it to be? The voice cast is fantastic, the writing is way above average, the acting is excellent, the atmosphere is SO uplifting, and comedy/drama/action/emotion/morality are all well crafted into something really fun and great.

And, come on, how is THIS not cool? A robot apocalypse ruled by TIM CURRY!!!

Oh, and don't even THINK about comparing it to the ABOMNIATION that is "The Super Hero Squad Show". That show is a pathetic mockery of everything and anything that anyone loves about Marvel. Rescue Bots is leaps and bound superior to that blasphemous piece of crud. It's not even made by the same people! Jeff Kline himself (who's in charge of both Prime and Rescue Bots) has openly admitted to having never even seen "The Super Hero Squad Show".

And with all that said, what gives? :?: :?: :?:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Am I seriously the only one watching this? What gives?

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:35 pm

well i dont have cable anymore and as you know i have limited web acsess but if it comes out on dvd ill pick it up
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:01 pm

I'm still watching but slowly on hubworld.com when I can... I will also be getting the DVD release like ironrod to catch up all the way though. I don't like watching things that will have better quality versions on youtube because I enjoy watching them in full quality the first time through, and the closest I can get right now is hubworld to dvd quality... That being said, hubworld cycles their episodes rather often.. The last one I was able to catch was the one where the bugs are teleporting people into the bomb shelter thing. On top of all that I've had a very busy summer with the family taking care of an elderly member, and lots of summer yard work going on in the garden, literally takes from time I get home to sundown to pick over everything in my garden and clean up what needs weeding etc. My work is paying off though, so don't take that as a complaint, my table is covered in fresh tomatoes and peppers and other goodies. Anyway with hubworld I catch them when I can and its often a week later from the tv airing that they upload it to the site, so I often just forget in the weeks time it takes to come back and check out the thread. So sorry man, also I missed alot of the Dr. Morocco episodes, I saw some of the one where he has the robot to replace the rescue bots that I think was episode 12 or 13. And skipped nearly all of them til the bugs transporting people to bomb shelter ep. The reasons I stated for missing out on rescue bots are the same ones I have for not being able to find new Prime/FOC figures, so I'm feeling the pain more than you are the silence right now :<

EDIT: Also, I still love the show, just really been busy lately.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:14 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I don't like watching things that will have better quality versions on youtube because I enjoy watching them in full quality the first time through, and the closest I can get right now is hubworld to dvd quality...
Well, right now, nearly all the YouTube embeds are HD videos taken from The HubHD, while the Hubworld ones are more on the SD level.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I don't like watching things that will have better quality versions on youtube because I enjoy watching them in full quality the first time through, and the closest I can get right now is hubworld to dvd quality...
Well, right now, nearly all the YouTube embeds are HD videos taken from The HubHD, while the Hubworld ones are more on the SD level.

That was only part of my excuse !!!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:23 pm

cyberwuss wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

That was only part of my excuse !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:58 pm

It was better than expected, but still not worth watching for me
Wing Saber

Postby robo_rob » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I really enjoy it. I said it before on RFC, it's really character driven, and I like that. It's not perfect, but it's a well written show (for the most part).
robo_rob

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 pm

(i smell a rat) well now that season 1 is on dvd ill pick it up and catch up on the series
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 pm

ironrod prime wrote:(i smell a rat)
Spam's gone now. :smile:

ironrod prime wrote:well now that season 1 is on dvd ill pick it up and catch up on the series
Unless I'm missing some big news announcement, only a select few episodes (1-5, and 8) have been put on a single DVD volume.

Though, all of season 1 is on Netflix now. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion