Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 26, 2010 11:07 pm

How would you order each Transformers cartoon/movie/OVA that you've seen in terms of greatness, quality, and enjoyment (with #1 being the best)?

This is NOT to be the same thing as "what's your favorite series?" Instead, you are to list each and every Transformers cartoon, movie, and OVA (original video animation) that you've seen, putting them in the order that you think defines how good each is. If you've seen enough, you should have a maximum of three separate lists.

Though, there are a few things to note:
1. Do not blend the cartoons, movies, and OVAs into one single list; keep each category separated.
2. Only list cartoons that you have seen either the entirety of or the majority of. If you have only seen a few episodes of a certain series and have not seen at least approximately 2/3 of it, exclude it from the list. As, it would be unfair to judge an incomplete series without having seen the bulk of it.

As a means of reference, here is a list of each and every Transformers cartoon (with episode #'s), theatrical movie, and OVA.

Cartoons
  • The Transformers (G1) - 98 episodes (split into two series in Japan, with a total of 11 new clip episodes added in)
  • Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: The Headmasters - 35 episodes (plus 3 clip episodes)
  • Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Chōjin Masterforce - 42 episodes (plus 5 clip episodes)
  • Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Victory - 32 episodes (plus 12 clip episodes)
  • Beast Wars: Transformers - 52 episodes (split into two series in Japan, with 2 episodes treated as movies, and 2 new clip episodes added in)
  • Beast Wars II: Super Lifeform Transformers - 43 episodes
  • Super Lifeform Transformers: Beast Wars Neo - 35 episodes
  • Beast Machines: Transformers - 26 episodes (plus 1 clip show in the Japanese version)
  • Transformers: Robots in Disguise - 39 episodes (3 of which are clip episodes and differ from the 3 clip shows of the Japanese version)
  • Transformers: Armada - 52 episodes
  • Go-Bots - 4 episodes (2 came packaged with Speed-Bot, 2 more aired on TV in limited broadcasts. This is not the same as the 1980s "Challenge of the Gobots" cartoon)
  • Transformers: Energon - 52 or 51 episodes (one was unaired/undubbed in English, another was originally a TV special but aired as an episode in English)
  • Transformers: Cybertron - 52 episodes
  • Transformers Animated - 42 episodes (eps. 1-3 and 30-32 each aired as two TV specials)
  • Transformers Universe (2008) - 2 episodes ("Action Blast 1" and "Fight for Energon", both were online flash cartoons at Hasbro's website)
  • Transformers: Cyber Missions - 13 episodes (online flash cartoons)
Transformers: Prime is excluded because it isn't done yet.

Theatrical Movies
  • The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
  • Beast Wars Special Super Lifeform Transformers (specifically, the "Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger" portion)
  • Transformers (2007)
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • Transformers: Dark of the Moon

OVAs
  • Scramble City: Mobilization
  • Scramble City (stop-motion toys version)
  • Shūta and Grand's Masterforce Super-Secrets!
  • Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers: Zone - Enter the New Supreme Commander, Dai Atlas!
  • Transformers: RobotMasters - Fight! The Group of the Strongest Commanders!
  • Transformers: RobotMasters - The Lio Convoy Typhoon Enters
  • Theft of the Golden Disk
  • Beast Wars Diorama Story

I'll start now...
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've see

Postby Sabrblade » Wed May 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Here’s my order of each cartoon, movie, and OVA in terms of how good each was.

Cartoons
1. Beast Wars
2. Animated
3. Chōjin Masterforce
4. A tie between Beast Machines & Robots in Disguise
5. Cybertron
6. The Headmasters
7. A tie between G1, Victory, and Armada
8. Go-Bots
9. Energon
10. Cyber Missions
11. Universe (2008)

I’ve only seen 4 episodes of Beast Wars II and none of Beast Wars Neo. So, I can’t fully judge any of those. I won't give a rating to Prime, as 5 episodes out of 26+ don't do it justice.

Also, some of these may be subject to change when/if I see more of the Japanese versions of the Unicron Trilogy and Car Robots later on.

Theatrical Movies
1. The Transformers: The Movie (1986)
2. Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger
3. Transformers (2007)
4. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

OVAs
1. Theft of the Golden Disk
2. Scramble City (toys version)
3. RobotMasters - The Lio Convoy Typhoon Enters
4. Zone - Enter the New Supreme Commander, Dai Atlas!
5. Scramble City: Mobilization
6. Shūta and Grand's Masterforce Super-Secrets!
7. RobotMasters - Fight! The Group of the Strongest Commanders!

I have not seen any of the Beast Wars Diorama Story.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

Postby Wing Saber » Thu May 27, 2010 8:01 am

Cartoons:
Armada
Cybertron
Beast Wars
G1
Energon
Animated

Movies:
1985 Movie
ROTF
2007 movie
Wing Saber

Postby DocWho » Thu May 27, 2010 9:01 am

Cartoons:

Animated
Beast Wars
Cybertron
Armada
Beast Machines
G1
Energon

Animated is by far the best TF cartoon I've seen. The storylines were mature, the characters developed, and it was actually pretty darn funny in places. I hear quite a bit of Beast Wars is very good, but I haven't seen enough of it to place it above Animated. On the other hand, what I saw was very good, almost exceptional for the time.

Movies:
TF1
1986 movie
ROTF

Honestly, I don't really like any of the TF movies, save for TF1, which I honestly didn't mind that much.

But if I had to choose between 1986 and ROTF, I would probably pick 1986, if only for the shorter running time.

Polenicus wrote:Unicron.com are my HEROES.

Follow me on Twitter
DocWho

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 27, 2010 9:59 am

Wing Saber wrote:Cartoons:
Armada
Cybertron
Beast Wars
G1
Energon
Animated
I thought you said that you only saw, like, the first few episodes of Beast Wars? So, can it really be counted?

DocWho wrote:Animated is by far the best TF cartoon I've seen. The storylines were mature, the characters developed, and it was actually pretty darn funny in places. I hear quite a bit of Beast Wars is very good, but I haven't seen enough of it to place it above Animated. On the other hand, what I saw was very good, almost exceptional for the time.
Well, how much of Beast Wars have you seen?

Remember guys, only include the series that you've seen at least nearly 2/3 of.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu May 27, 2010 11:44 am

i would have to make this list

1. beast wars
2. animated
3. cybertron (it took ages for me to appresiate it)
4. rid
5. g1/super god master force
6. g1/the head masters
7. g1/victory
8. bwn
9. bwii
10. energon
11 armarda
12 cyber missions
13. universe
14 bm (not because i didn't like it but because i was dissopointed that it did not expand on it like i felt they could)

features
1. rotf
2. tf2007
3. g11986

ovas
1. zone
2. scramble citty
3. lio convoy in iminant danger
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 27, 2010 12:30 pm

lioconvoy wrote:5. g1/super god master force
6. g1/the head masters
7. g1/victory
What's this mean? :?:

lioconvoy wrote:ovas
1. zone
2. scramble citty
3. lio convoy in iminant danger
Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger was a movie, not an OVA.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Thu May 27, 2010 3:47 pm

sorry sabrblade was unsure where to put it as it includes primal and i'm unsure where to place it in series order.
i've got to update my list also, i've just finished watching fefth of the golden disk. wow amazing it has to go at the top of my list.
i was putting g1/ before supergod master force and the like as they are in the g1 series heading. and to be honest i couldn't be bothered riting out super robot life form transformers three times lol

i've also got to revise so that will follow

series

1. beast wars
2. animated.
3. cybertron
4. super god master force
5. head masters
6. victory
7. rid
8. beast machines
9. bwii
10. bwn
11. energon
12. armarda
13. cyber missions
14. universe

movies
1. rotf
2. tf 2007
3 g1 1986
4 lio convoy in iminant danger

ovas

1. fefth of the golden disk
2. zone
3. robot masters 1
4. robot masters 2
5. scramble citty

i've not sceen the version with the figures but i'm guessing it looks pritty sweet.

is there anyware where your could suggest that i can watch the otherbotcon anims?

also has anyone else seen the tfcog fan made scrambe citty2? i know it's not cannon but it is pritty good all the same and it does finish scramble citty nicely
Last edited by lioconvoy on Thu May 27, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 27, 2010 3:58 pm

lioconvoy wrote:sorry sabrblade was unsure where to put it as it includes primal and i'm unsure where to place it in series order.
What does that matter? A movie's a movie.

lioconvoy wrote:i was putting g1/ before supergod master force and the like as they are in the g1 series heading. and to be honest i couldn't be bothered riting out super robot life form transformers three times lol
You don't have to. the G1 cartoon, Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory are three separate series. They may all be under the G1 Franchise, but there's only one (two in Japan) G1 cartoon.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu May 27, 2010 8:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Cartoons:
Armada
Cybertron
Beast Wars
G1
Energon
Animated
I thought you said that you only saw, like, the first few episodes of Beast Wars? So, can it really be counted?

DocWho wrote:Animated is by far the best TF cartoon I've seen. The storylines were mature, the characters developed, and it was actually pretty darn funny in places. I hear quite a bit of Beast Wars is very good, but I haven't seen enough of it to place it above Animated. On the other hand, what I saw was very good, almost exceptional for the time.
Well, how much of Beast Wars have you seen?

Remember guys, only include the series that you've seen at least nearly 2/3 of.

yes, and i liked those episodes. and ohh i didnt know that only shows we've seen at least 2/3 of counted...
Wing Saber

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion